By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal will put 360 on top for the rest of the generation

gurglesletch said:
Even if it did i doubt it would outsell the wii overall.

If you actually read the thread he says he doesn't expect it to outsell the Wii. He just says that it will start outselling it on a weekly basis, not overall 

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
gurglesletch said:

If you actually read the thread he says he doesn't expect it to outsell the Wii. He just says that it will start outselling it on a weekly basis, not overall 

Do you think i actually have the time to read through a 155 post thread?

gurglesletch said:
dsister44 said:
gurglesletch said:

Do you think i actually have the time to read through a 155 post thread?

libellule, Nightsurge, and I managed to. I don't see why you couldn't >.>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Edit: I'm not sure why my post was bolded an orange, but Meh

Lets be realistic, we are 4-5 years into the generation, most hard core gamers have already bought their console. The rest are mostly casuals that only buy a limited number of games each year and don't really follow new releases closely.

Natal may affect the final number of consoles sold, but in reality the software sales, DLC, and other services show who has really won the generation... What's the sense in selling a gazillion consoles if no one buys your games, DLC, or other services?

Burning Typhoon said:
Since when has a peripheral ever sold a system? That's like saying the Playstation eye w/ wand would put PS3 over the Wii for the rest of the generation. The 360 is running out of juice, Natal has come too late. PS3 is stealing it's thunder... I honestly wouldn't care how good of a camera it was, it's going to take more than that to get me to buy a system.

Around the Network

do some of you really find playing a game with no controller at all appealing? it would be weird and not only that but it really limits what kind of game can be made. my prediciton = bigger flop than the ps sphere.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
do some of you really find playing a game with no controller at all appealing? it would be weird and not only that but it really limits what kind of game can be made. my prediciton = bigger flop than the ps sphere.

Have you ever played a game without a controller?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
On top of Sony, very possible, Wii, not so much

What do you think Nintendo will do to compete? More price cuts? Vitality Sensor? Please elaborate.

Also, to be clear--I DON'T think the 360 will beat Wii's lifetime sales. I do think the PS3 will be a distant third, though. And Sony's wand will be a flop.

here is your problem okeydokey. your in denial.

the question isnt "what do you think nintendo will do to compete?"

This generation is nintendo's, the questions you should be asking are: 

"what will sony do to compete?" or "what will mircosoft do to compete?"

Nintendo isnt the underdog here. They are the ones setting the trends.

(natal? sony wand? touch gen titles? etc...?)

Last Gen was Playstation, this gen is Wii.

Sure, you dont have to like it but if you arent willing to admit the facts... well then there is no hope.

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
On top of Sony, very possible, Wii, not so much

What do you think Nintendo will do to compete? More price cuts? Vitality Sensor? Please elaborate.

Also, to be clear--I DON'T think the 360 will beat Wii's lifetime sales. I do think the PS3 will be a distant third, though. And Sony's wand will be a flop.

here is your problem okeydokey. your in denial.

the question isnt "what do you think nintendo will do to compete?"

This generation is nintendo's, the questions you should be asking are: 

"what will sony do to compete?" or "what will mircosoft do to compete?"

Nintendo isnt the underdog here. They are the ones setting the trends.

(natal? sony wand? touch gen titles? etc...?)

Last Gen was Playstation, this gen is Wii.

Sure, you dont have to like it but if you arent willing to admit the facts... well then there is no hope.

Just because they're in first doesn't mean they're going to stop trying. If Natal starts stealing Wii sales and marketshare, Nintendo aren't just gonna sit there and do nothing about it. They cut the price this year to keep ahead of the PS3.

I'm just going to laugh at all you when this technology is released and neither one pushes more than 2 million.