By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possibly the best Mario Galaxy screenshot yet.

Holy shit that level looks awesome.

Around the Network

those graphics are actually mindblowing imo. Game looks sooooo goood! :P

I want that to be a ride in real life. Come on, Nintendo Theme Park!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Ben,

If Nintendo can invent the force fields needed to keep the water up there, I can't wait to see their next console =P

PS - I agree that ride would be spectacular...would be a good mix of Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror...with a bit of "Log Ride" mixed in for good measure....just instead of a log you have a manta ray =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

There's so many different themes in the Nintendo world...Donkey Kong, Boo's Haunted House, Yoshi, Metroid, F-Zero, Zelda...gah, I'm just imagining what these roller-coasters and rides would be like haha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
Technically it's much worse the R&C but the color palette, the art and generally the game looks better than R&C IMO.

I have to disagree with you on that part.. dont let the computer make it seem mario galaxy look better, when you play it on the ps3 its a completely different story.

On topic, Im impressed, nintendo knows what the wii can do graphicly and is pushing it to the max with mario galaxy.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

it looks like one of those secret slides that were hidden in the castle in 64

When I want photorealism... I take a photo. When I want beautiful art, I look to things that are not realistic. Like say, music. Music does not come out of the ground! It comes out of artists. Realism is boring. (I do like some photography now and again, but even then I prefer abstract stuff.) Everything in real life is the same boring colors. Why do you guys play video games? I want amazing beautiful shit like this Galaxy game. The colors are incredible. The gravity blows me away. It's beautiful art like I haven't felt from a game since the first Katamari.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.