By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possibly the best Mario Galaxy screenshot yet.

Screenshot? The JAP version released already!

Around the Network

Probably the only current reason why I'd consider getting a Wii! I bought the N64 only for Mario 64, so who knows...

I'm sorry for the herecy!!!!! Also, I bought the N64 for ZELDA!! Do not kill me nintendo fans, stave thy hands!!!

After playing R&C for the PS3 for the last 3 days this game just does not look all that great, the game still looks very fun. I've just been spoiled by R&C. If i can find a wii i might have to buy it once this came comes out. I just don't want to get up at 6am on a sunday :P

Does anyone know if they have a video of this level out?

@griffin:

yes there is. link was already posted on this website

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Griffin said:
After playing R&C for the PS3 for the last 3 days this game just does not look all that great, the game still looks very fun. I've just been spoiled by R&C. If i can find a wii i might have to buy it once this came comes out. I just don't want to get up at 6am on a sunday :P

Are you saying visually you don't think it looks great or that gameplay wise R&C was better than this looks?  Just wondering how much I should be disagreeing with you =P

Yes many videos of the level are available on all major gaming websites that have videos.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Griffin said:

Are you saying visually you don't think it looks great or that gameplay wise R&C was better than this looks? Just wondering how much I should be disagreeing with you =P

Yes many videos of the level are available on all major gaming websites that have videos.

SMG looks better than R&C

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sqrl said:
Griffin said:

Are you saying visually you don't think it looks great or that gameplay wise R&C was better than this looks? Just wondering how much I should be disagreeing with you =P

I was talking about the graphics.  I just went and watched about 10 videos of galaxy on Gametrailers and the difference between the games graphically is huge, Galaxy does not even come close.  But the one thing that galaxy has down really well is the level design, not alot of stuff going on but it looks like it plays very well, and the boses look great, although kinda easy but very good.  R&C is what Mario will look like on wii2.  Mario appears to be alot more of a platformer while R&C was more of a action/platformer game.  But both games look nice and play even better.

Technically it's much worse the R&C but the color palette, the art and generally the game looks better than R&C IMO.

I think this is the common problem with this debate.

Everyone reverts to more photorealism = better. And if that is what the games are going for it works. But when two games have cartoony style the super high detailed glare coming from every surface type effects you see rampant on the PS3/360 are not always better.

SMG looks great because it stays true to the simple Mario style, while still having a tremendous amount of detail and flare. If you want to say R&C pushes more polygons you are correct, but to say one looks better than the other is sort of like comparing two supermodels and having two guys argue over which one looks better.

At the end of the day they both are very attractive and have their own merits, but neither is definitively better looking than the other because its all based in opinion. Stating that one is better when you own one and have never played the other is pretty disengenious to say the least.

PS - Most SMG videos have been very low quality Griff, so comparing based on that is useless. Wait until you play the game. I would say "or compare to similar quality R&C vids" but the mind has a way of filling in detail where there is none when it knows what to expect.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Amen, Sqrl

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.