By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

lestatdark said:
@epicurean

Oh my, i'm so sorry about that, i'll be more careful next time! :(

@Darth

That's right, there's absolutely no sense in that whatsoever. These next few days are going to be hellish, people are going to do anything to ruin FFXIII for the rest of us.

to be quite honest I'll just look at it in a positive way

I knew Star Wars Episode 3 plot before seeing it, everyone knew the plot, it was obvious what was gonna happen, that didn't stop it from becoming one of my most favorite movies ever

the MGS4 plot got ruined for me too, on a different forum I used to regular one stupid poster posted (OMG the big boss comes back at the end & naomie dies + vamp was a vamp cus of nanomachines)

its was still the best game ever for me

If FF13 does get spoilt for me, in the long run it would take some "shock" moments out for me, but not ruin the experience

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

FF13 in the wild, first gameplay screens hit the web

AP | December 15, 2009

Some naughty stores are selling FF13 early - but we're not complaining! Images of sealed copies of the game are starting to appear as well as screenshots from early sections of the game.

Find the first screens below. If you want to get in on the action you can Import the game from Play-Asia. It's region free and we'll have full translation guides of menus and important scenes shortly after launch to help non Japanese speakers through the game!

If you want to be updated as that stuff is added, sign up to our RSS Feed or Follow us on Twitter! Here's the screens!

WHY AM I NOT JAPANESE!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
@epicurean

Oh my, i'm so sorry about that, i'll be more careful next time! :(

@Darth

That's right, there's absolutely no sense in that whatsoever. These next few days are going to be hellish, people are going to do anything to ruin FFXIII for the rest of us.

to be quite honest I'll just look at it in a positive way

I knew Star Wars Episode 3 plot before seeing it, everyone knew the plot, it was obvious what was gonna happen, that didn't stop it from becoming one of my most favorite movies ever

the MGS4 plot got ruined for me too, on a different forum I used to regular one stupid poster posted (OMG the big boss comes back at the end & naomie dies + vamp was a vamp cus of nanomachines)

its was still the best game ever for me

If FF13 does get spoilt for me, in the long run it would take some "shock" moments out for me, but not ruin the experience

I understand, even if you know bits and pieces of the story, the overall feeling and global story can't be trully spoiled, it would take ages for a single person to do that for games or movies of that caliber.

But some people find that really bad, because they want to experience everything for themselves and don't care for others telling them, that just ruins it for them.

I'm a bit on the middle, except when it comes for something i'm really, really looking forward. I swear, if someone spoils me even one part of the story of Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday, I won't rest until I see that person banned.

Oh, btw Darth, the pics are broken o.o

Edit - Nevermind, I see them now xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I had already seen the thread, so I already knew the spoiler (and you didn't mention the big one), just thought I'd throw it out there for others...

If it is true, it'll still be a great game, I'm sure. But I'll probably try and not get as attached to that character as I know their fate...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I have to say I wasnt really looking forward to FFXIII. I used to be, but the past 2 (X and XII) kinda killed it for me.

But since FF has beenso great to me before that, I still want to give it one last chance.

SO I ask you who seem to know so much about the game (I dont even know the characters except for Lightining) - is the game going to be like those 2 or something different?

Do you have any idea of what the gameplay is like?

I havent really been looking for info on the game.

Also, is there a website somewhere with condensed info on those novels you have been talking about?

Thanks.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

@marciosmg

Well, from what we know of FFXIII so far, it will be heavily focused on human emotions and dramatic sequences, much like FFX, which is only normal, since it's the same team behind FFX that's making FFXIII

The gameplay is the evolution of the classic ATB system of past FF (the best comparison is the fast paced action of FFX-2). It adds some new systems like Paradigm Shift (It's a bit like the Overdrives in FFX, except that they add combo possibilities between attacks, attacks/spells and many more) and the Gestalt mode, which are the summons per se, in which you'll be left only with the summon on screen (also, similar to FFX)

I have the translated novels from a PDF I got in the net, but I think that darthdevim01 or outlawauron have links for the translated novels ;)

Also........LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO THE LAUNCH OF FFXIII OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Im sorry to be annoying.

But focus on human emotions and dramtic sequences and FFX dont match.

Kidding, but I played FFX and I found it boring (and I used to be a huge FF fan - almost like Darth is now lol)

But I dont know, FF seems to be focusing a lot on graphics and less on those things to me.

But still, I will give FFXIII a shot.

Thanks, lestat.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

You're welcome marciosmg ;)

To me, no FF has dissapointed me so far, it's amongst the series that has been constantly giving me great gaming experiences since I was a young kid ;)

Current PC Build

FUCK SPOILERS!!! I JUST READ A SHITLOAD OF THEM ON THIS SITE BY MISTAKE AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE.

Goddamit I hate this shit. Honestly, I expected WAAAAY more from some of the veteran VGC users.

@perpride

Then be grateful that you weren't here during Soap_McTavish onslaught of spoilers yesterday.

Current PC Build