By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Man in 'coma' for 23 years was awake all along

i was really just thinking about how many other "vegetables" had been killed. and yeah, i would rather live like that for 23 years than be dead.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

now that man is my hero

MrBubbles said:
i was really just thinking about how many other "vegetables" had been killed. and yeah, i would rather live like that for 23 years than be dead.

What I was thinking as well. Hopefully science can progress to ensure that we do not kill off people that can feel, but not express.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Wow, 23 years, with nothing to do but just lay there, sounds horrible, if I ever end up in what doctors think is a coma, I would want someone to at least turn on a radio.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

oh my God, thats horryfing!

Around the Network

That's honestly terrifying.

And it reminds me of the music video for Metallica's One, based on the book/movie Johnny Got His Gun:

How is he sane?

That's just torture.

Wow. I'd hope I'd be dead within the first year of a "coma" anyway, and this guy went through a "coma" for 23 years.

He's probably well rested, though.

*edit* You know what annoys me about me?  I read the entire thread, find it profound, and all I have to add to the dialog is a one liner.

What's his current condition?
I read that he couldn't do anything but he can read books, now. Does this mean that he can recover some bodily functions?

d21lewis said:

*edit* You know what annoys me about me?  I read the entire thread, find it profound, and all I have to add to the dialog is a one liner.

No parenthesis. Great. You could say something related to Peggle, though. That would be an interesting approach.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!