By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who still plays the PS2?

I do. Just finished Xenosaga Episode II and moving on to the third one.

Around the Network

all the time man. Still have a lot of RPG's i still have to play

Mirson said:
I do. Just finished Xenosaga Episode II and moving on to the third one.

good choice,love Xenosaga series

Yup, I still play GTA: SA, Gran Turismo 3, Ratchet + Clank. Awesome system and awesome games!

Long live PS2, the daddy of all systems!

just doing the silent hill series again

Around the Network
TrevDaRev said:
Sky Render said:

Sure.  Lately I've been replaying Tales of the Abyss, and Final Fantasy X before that.  I suppose a Suikoden V replay will be in order eventually too.  That's the nice thing about the massive amount of worthwhile games already out there: good games don't stop being good just because it's been a few years since they came out.  Hell, some of the best experiences can still be found on the 8- and 16-bit platforms.

Are the Final Fantasy's games worth getting? In your opinion whats the best Final Fantasy you can get on the Ps2?

That's a bit of a toss-up.  My personal experience has been that FFX is a solid enough experience, but FF12... well, the nicest way to put it would be that I didn't like it.  Not being a fan of MMORPGs, I gave FF11 a pass, but from what I've heard, it's a lot like 12 (meaning I certainly wouldn't like it, either).  The series seems to be stuck in a downward spiral that started during the PS1 era, FFX being the sole exception to the rule.  Myself, I tend to stick to mostly non-Square RPGs on the PS2.  Most of the studios they had working on interesting titles over the years were let go by that point, sadly, or set to work on maintaining FF11 instead of making new and interesting games.

Before anybody goes off on a bender, keep in mind that this is all just my opinion.  You're welcome to disagree with me, and don't need to berate me for not agreeing with you, either.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I still play pretty much all of the systems. Or, as far as that goes, we still buy games for most of the systems. It wasn't too long ago that I bought Lolo for the NES. So it should go without saying that we still play and buy games for the PS2.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I'm actually about to replay Suikoden V, in fact, I'm about to buy a new HDTV entirely dedicated to PS2 gaming. How's that?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I still play Ratchet and Clank series and God of War 2. Also going to buy Jak and Daxter the lost frontier when a price cut comes.

I'm juggling a couple PS2 games at the moment. I'm on my 2nd playthrough of Persona 4 and my first of Persona 3 FES. I'm in the process of fine tuning my persona's abilities on 4.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4