By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age Origins : DISCUSSION/Impressions Thread! (Who are YOU?)

Well, I was at level 14 when I fought her, so her life was pretty high ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

This was a pretty easy fight, I had someone attack tentacles, and my warriors could kill any of the ads pretty fast. I felt I was sloppy but still ended up winning... but I did play on warrior.

I really need to replay this game at a higher difficulty.

silicon said:
This was a pretty easy fight, I had someone attack tentacles, and my warriors could kill any of the ads pretty fast. I felt I was sloppy but still ended up winning... but I did play on warrior.

I really need to replay this game at a higher difficulty.

I thought I was doing very badly too! Then I saw she was at 1/4 health and was like... wtf? I did it on Hard, started on Normal but then they patched it so that the Normal was too easy and Hard was Normal.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

It's so hard to read this thread, so many spoilers lol.

I'm only at castle Redcliff. Gonna continue playing in a minute and enter the castle.

I'm not satisfied with having that rogue in my party, she dies a lot and she can't even open most locked boxes. I think I'm gonna let my huge pug into my party again.

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

It's alright, playing the PC version. The ability to actually role-play the characters gets big bonus points from me. I also have a weak spot for any game that has a comprehensive character builder. I think it excels here, the characters look far better than what can be done in a game like Oblivion or Fallout 3. The dialogue is really well done as are the character interactions. I like how the different openings differ depending on your race class and gender as well.

The game is well polished and the graphics are great. Not the greatest I've ever seen but at the same time I find it ludicrous how some have actually criticized it's graphics. This game looks good, period.

The problem is the gameplay is absolutely terrible, though not really worse than any other effort from bioware. Real-time or Turn-based, make up your minds people, trying to put them together just doesn't work. I also can't help but complain about point and click combat but that's more the fault of the genre than anything bioware has done. Oh and those times when my party members forget what their doing in combat doesn't help much and can make it frustrating. I guess it's okay for what it is, but I'd rather be playing a more action oriented game, or even a game with a menu driven system like Final Fantasy, which is saying a lot cause I also really don't care for that style of gameplay either.

Who are you? (Race & Job)
Right now it would be Dwarf, Female, Noble, Fighter

Who's in your party right now....umm answer this wisely, no spoilers please!!
Wynne, Morrigan, Alistair

IF you have finished it what would you rate the game?
7-8 range

Are you doing side quests or just doing the main mission?
Main mission right now, which involves a whole lot of side quests

Are you acting evil or good?
Good, though it's nice to have options, and at least one of my party members has other ideas.

Around the Network

I played until 2 a.m last night and dreamt about Dragon Age. I don't remember where I finished last night, the only thing I remember it was a battle in Castle Redcliff that seemed very hard. I died a few times then I had to go to bed.

Damn work and other obligations. I wish I had more time to play. I want to read all the lore in the game but skip most of it due to time restraints.

Do you people read all the lore and stuff in the Codex?

Slimebeast said:
I played until 2 a.m last night and dreamt about Dragon Age. I don't remember where I finished last night, the only thing I remember it was a battle in Castle Redcliff that seemed very hard. I died a few times then I had to go to bed.

Damn work and other obligations. I wish I had more time to play. I want to read all the lore in the game but skip most of it due to time restraints.

Do you people read all the lore and stuff in the Codex?

At first, no. But now, Im making a point to read them all. They are vey interestig and well-written.

And yeah, I wish I had more time to play it too.

I am loving the game too.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Escherichia said:

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

It's alright, playing the PC version. The ability to actually role-play the characters gets big bonus points from me. I also have a weak spot for any game that has a comprehensive character builder. I think it excels here, the characters look far better than what can be done in a game like Oblivion or Fallout 3. The dialogue is really well done as are the character interactions. I like how the different openings differ depending on your race class and gender as well.

The game is well polished and the graphics are great. Not the greatest I've ever seen but at the same time I find it ludicrous how some have actually criticized it's graphics. This game looks good, period.

The problem is the gameplay is absolutely terrible, though not really worse than any other effort from bioware. Real-time or Turn-based, make up your minds people, trying to put them together just doesn't work. I also can't help but complain about point and click combat but that's more the fault of the genre than anything bioware has done. Oh and those times when my party members forget what their doing in combat doesn't help much and can make it frustrating. I guess it's okay for what it is, but I'd rather be playing a more action oriented game, or even a game with a menu driven system like Final Fantasy, which is saying a lot cause I also really don't care for that style of gameplay either.

Who are you? (Race & Job)
Right now it would be Dwarf, Female, Noble, Fighter

Who's in your party right now....umm answer this wisely, no spoilers please!!
Wynne, Morrigan, Alistair

IF you have finished it what would you rate the game?
7-8 range

Are you doing side quests or just doing the main mission?
Main mission right now, which involves a whole lot of side quests

Are you acting evil or good?
Good, though it's nice to have options, and at least one of my party members has other ideas.

I haven't played it that much(only 2 hours in) but the battle system seems pretty cool IMO with it tactical options

Man I love the story in this game. Seriously. I make a point to talk to everyone and listen to every bit of the conversation.

I honestly feel bad when conversations are over.

This is what I love about RPG. A good history (even though the main quest is cliche) and amazing character interaction.

Even the conversations my party members have amongst themselves is amazing (Morrigan and Wynne specially).

I did Redcliffe (still need to find the Urn though), the Dalish and now I just started with the dwarfs.

I got the whole Juggernaut armor for my Warrior and I am having so much fun.

This game is amazing!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I just sacrificed Isolde to save connor, man what a choice to make, but still not happy with it lol, can you save them both by any chance??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1