By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age Origins : DISCUSSION/Impressions Thread! (Who are YOU?)

@kage848

no prob

wow some people are 50 hours & so on in & haven't finished the game!!

wow this should last me till january lol

or including more playthroughs till the next Fantasy arrives!!!

ADD PLATFORMS YOUR PLAYING IT ON PEOPLE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

i'm playing the PC version of this game,

and it is pretty damn good if you ask me,sure all games have their faults

i love this type of combat system but then i'm a total nerd,constantly trying to keep the gang alive in battle,it's hilarious

i wonder if the console version is as good as the pc,

Above & Beyond

darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

Well to be honest i did start over. First one was like 27 hours. Second like 25ish now.

I have just reciently killed my first dragon too. This game is not easy. The normal settings can be very hard. But when i killed my dragon i was so happy. He dropped like 20+ items too. Its just like a raid in MMO's. it was frigin EPIC!

Also, im sure u know this but anyways, each of the ( what 6? ) char types have there own origin stories too. Much playthrough value in this game 4 sure.

Couple of tips if u want any. Cone of Cold is ur frigin friend. CC is KING! Also those AoE damage spells are kinda overpowered atm IMHO. The game gets much easyer with them. I take out entire rooms with them and the enemys dont even get to me. Oh and earthquake is awesome.

Kage848 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

Well to be honest i did start over. First one was like 27 hours. Second like 25ish now.

I have just reciently killed my first dragon too. This game is not easy. The normal settings can be very hard. But when i killed my dragon i was so happy. He dropped like 20+ items too. Its just like a raid in MMO's. it was frigin EPIC!

Also, im sure u know this but anyways, each of the ( what 6? ) char types have there own origin stories too. Much playthrough value in this game 4 sure.

Couple of tips if u want any. Cone of Cold is ur frigin friend. CC is KING! Also those AoE damage spells are kinda overpowered atm IMHO. The game gets much easyer with them. I take out entire rooms with them and the enemys dont even get to me. Oh and earthquake is awesome.

yea cone of cold is amazing, though kind of annoying if you are using it and then your buddy runs into the area and gets frozen too.  but i've been thinking of doing blizzard and earthquake.  freeze them, then earthquake them over and they break.  sounds like a good combo, wondering if any of you did it yet and if works that way.  I see the stone throw move says breaks frozen enmies, so at least that plus cone/blizzard is a good combo.

Darth there are quite a few Dragon Age threads already. I've made a few of them and so have others.

Around the Network

What are your thoughts on the game so far? It's really one of the best fantisy games I've played since BG2

Who are you? (Race & Job) Elf/Warrior Female 

Who's in your party right now....umm answer this wisely, no spoilers please!! human male, human witch, Sten

IF you have finished it what would you rate the game? 9.5

Are you doing side quests or just doing the main mission? Many of the side missions I've done, but not all

are you acting evil or good? sometimes I'm an asshole depending on the situation

darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

it's not even close to being similar on each play through... hint... human nobles can become king/queen if you play your cards right

irstupid said:
Kage848 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

yea cone of cold is amazing, though kind of annoying if you are using it and then your buddy runs into the area and gets frozen too.  but i've been thinking of doing blizzard and earthquake.  freeze them, then earthquake them over and they break.  sounds like a good combo, wondering if any of you did it yet and if works that way.  I see the stone throw move says breaks frozen enmies, so at least that plus cone/blizzard is a good combo.

I personaly dont see anyone shattering with that combo myself. But i cast  quake with Wynne ( she comes to your party anlready 2 skills into that line ). The enemys cant get to me most of the time cause there falling down so much. Then i have Morrigan cast Blizzard and then Tempest. For real it CLEARS rooms lol. I also put Glyph of Paralysis on the floor and Morrigan has sleep. Its rockin.

Cueil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

it's not even close to being similar on each play through... hint... human nobles can become king/queen if you play your cards right

whoa huge spoiler

Cueil said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kage848

no prob

WHAAAAAAT

Its that different on seperate playthorughs!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey