By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age Origins : DISCUSSION/Impressions Thread! (Who are YOU?)

Kage848 said:
lestatdark said:
@Darth

Good luck with the Sloth Demon's fight. I recommend bringing a lot of Frost Salves or Frost crystals to protect your party, since it's the longest fight you'll have in the game, as the boss goes through four different stages and the last one can kill you from the start with Blizzard/Chain Lightning combo.

Yea they help but r not needed. I beat him without them. Juat make sure ur mages r at max range and pray lol. He is tough although i only died to him once and have killed him twice. Im 2/3 lol.

To make spoiler things:

1. Quote someone or click on rich text

2. Ont he icon bar....on the 1st line, next to the font colour there is an icon that if highlighted will say "background color" (it has a the letters ab in the icon)....keep that in mind

3. write your message "bla bla bla bla bla"

4. then highlight your message

5. Then select the colour for the "background color" for the highlighted message to be white

6. Try it......"bla bla bla bla"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I guess it depends what difficulty you play on. On normal I just switched to the different forms and beat the demon quickly.

And at first I didnt use items either, but eventually I found I had to, mana pots and health pots mostly

Kage848 said:

I HATE the fade parts. Not ganna get into why i just hate them lol.

I also got a Dragon scale from the dragon i killed and now have a full set of dragon scale armor i had made for me. Its crazy good but i need 42 str to wear it lol.

Can u tell me how u do thoes spoiler type hide thingy please lol. Thanks

You have the Dragon Scale armor already? Damn xD I've been trying to get all the pieces so I can get a shot at Flemeth, she abuses my party with her Fire attacks.

@Darth

Most fights in the game can be passed without using any of those items, I did the Sloth demon fight without them because I wasn't prepared for it to be such a long fight and that it's last metamorphosis would be an souped up Arcane Horror, so I had none with me. I just spread my party through different corners, hold them there and had my MC up front with Threaten and Taunt so that Sloth would only attack me. Kept spamming Heal with Wynne and poultices when needed, while Morrigan was spamming Tempest and Leliana was spamming Shattershot and Pinning shot xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Kage848 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@lestatdark

hmmm..I'll be continuing tomorrow or day after

thanks for the luck

TBH so far its been easy

I'ma mage & I keep on using Tempest.....so the lightning attack stays & weakens enemies

The sloth demon sounds hard though....I'll have to be more strategic this time!

also about Frost Salves & Crystals.....I'm terrible at using the items in this game, I have never used an item so far..lol

I'm just using magic!

The hardest part i had, in the beging, was wolves. There was a random attack event and there like 10 of them. They do an overpower move and get you on the ground and u cant get up lol. But i was a real noob at that time and i owned them on my 2nd playthrough lol.

Its not really a hard game if you use your brains, although the dragons can be tough. They have fun "special" moves.

I have also heard that the console versions werre made easyer, so if u got it on PS3 maby thats something?

Yes I have the PS3 version & I'm playing on "casual" difficulty....LOL

I like easy games TBH, especially story games as I get eager to know whats gonna happen next!!!!

the wolves were OVERWHELMING....it was the first time that I experienced so many enemies on screen at once....but I had the range fire spell then (forgot the name)....so I could deal damage to many of them at once!

I haven't played a game with such a  tactical battle system since Final Fantasy 12 TBH

I've been playing the PC version, and mainly I'm doing most fights in Hard, yet there are some that I have to switch to Normal because they are too damn brutal or i'm just plain underprepared. Especially in the part where I am, Giant Spiders Overwhelming all of my characters and then suddendly out of nowhere a Ogre Alpha appears xD I laughed so hard at my total annihilation

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Kage848 said:

I also got a Dragon scale from the dragon i killed and now have a full set of dragon scale armor i had made for me. Its crazy good but i need 42 str to wear it lol.

You have the Dragon Scale armor already? Damn xD I've been trying to get all the pieces so I can get a shot at Flemeth, she abuses my party with her Fire attacks.

@Darth

Most fights in the game can be passed without using any of those items, I did the Sloth demon fight without them because I wasn't prepared for it to be such a long fight and that it's last metamorphosis would be an souped up Arcane Horror, so I had none with me. I just spread my party through different corners, hold them there and had my MC up front with Threaten and Taunt so that Sloth would only attack me. Kept spamming Heal with Wynne and poultices when needed, while Morrigan was spamming Tempest and Leliana was spamming Shattershot and Pinning shot xD

in UK EVERY PS3 Dragon age Origins copy has the "wardens keep DLC" & "dragon scale armor DLC" or some dragon armor DLC for free!!!!

But I haven't been able to download them lol

Long fight.....well I'm glad you told me as I don't play many games where I have LOOOONG boss fights, apart from Final Fantasy's (It took me AT LEAST around 45 min to kill that huge "guardian dragon" when your going to Bevelle for the first time.....you meet it again in that sewer place that you go into after Yuna's "marriage" ceremony)

Currently, I've got the turning into a mouse ability....I'm about to go to the other islands to get my friends back

lestatdark said:
Kage848 said:

@Darth

You can beat her without, i did. just bring ur healer and ur tank, NO ONE ELSE. have your tank beat the dragon to death. Keep his health up near full at all times. When she grabs him SPAM HEAL. regen>heal>grp heal...thats how i did it.

Well you can bring the archer too. Ranged if your friend on dragons. There like raid dragons in MMO's, AoE in front and tail swipe behind.

Spoiler:

Kage is the best!

At what level where you when you defeated her? Currently i'm at level 13, i've been too the Bioware forums and most people seem to be able to defeat her at 14/15, some at 11/12 but with tons of Poultice spamming and Warm Balm spamming

Current PC Build

@Darth

Well, without the exception of Sloth, all other fights have taken me at most 5 minutes, so there aren't many long fights in this game (Flemeth will be an exception, I bet 10/15 minutes to beat her).
Oh, and about FF, did you ever do the Yiazmat fight in FFXII? That fight alone was at least 2 hours long, and that was with tons of preparation of all the necessary items, and it could easily drag into the 4/5 hour mark if you didn't prepare at all or if he spammed Cyclone xD

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
At what level where you when you defeated her? Currently i'm at level 13, i've been too the Bioware forums and most people seem to be able to defeat her at 14/15, some at 11/12 but with tons of Poultice spamming and Warm Balm spamming

I beat her at 12 on normal. Lvl dont matter. The mobs lvl with you. You cant just power lvl to beat anyone. Droped gear also is based smewhat off your lvl. I got a nice set of armor on the soilders peek boss mob that was like 14def and like T4 or so. My friends did the same questline at a lower lvl and go.t a bp with like 12 def and T3