By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bluray = better graphics?

Soap_McTavish said:
it does allow for better graphics. just like it allows for better picture in movies.

it's up to the developers to use the ps3 correctly.

Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted 2 etc. Will never be matched on the 360.

The only really pretty moments in MGS4 and Uncharted 2 are FMV whilst KZ2 uses a lot of misdirection to hide the flaws. All very much possible to recreate on the 360 for the first two just use two discs and play an appropriate FMV in response and for the latter just make a really really dark game.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Feylic said:
Squilliam said:

In any case if a scene has a lot of textures the Xbox 360 is generally better due to more memory. If there are fewer textures then the PS3 has better textures due to them being of higher detail. This is a simplification but its pretty good overall.

Btw: Sony encourages developers to fill up the disc with useless information to promote the BR drive in the PS3.

Well I don't think uncompressed sound is considered useless information. Please back this claim up with a link or something.

Xbox 360 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

PS3 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

I don't see where you're going with this...

Don't post BS then if you are not going to prove it.

Soap_McTavish said:
it does allow for better graphics. just like it allows for better picture in movies.

Gears 2 and Forza 3 already look better than MGS 4 ....... if you dont believe that , then believe this....MGS:Rising is going to look better than MGS4 and that game is going to be available on the 360...

Alan Wake is looking to look better than U2 or KZ2...but heavy rain looks better than it....but that game is going to be bested by another game on either the 360 or the ps3....

Your not a dev , you have no idea of the power of either system and as such should be throwing the word "never" on this subject.

There is no such thing as "never" when dealing with the HD twins.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Feylic said:
Squilliam said:

Xbox 360 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

PS3 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

I don't see where you're going with this...

Don't post BS then if you are not going to prove it.

Why would I spend 30-60 minutes of my life to prove some little detail to you when you'd probably just dismiss it out of hand anyway? i would rather masturbate my face with a razor blade.

If you're so keen go to www.beyond3d.com go search for username: Joker454 and in the search box write Blu Ray and PS3 and find it out for yourself. If you're not keen i'll just assume you're lazy and that you don't want to find out therefore I provided proof and you didn't accept it.

Tease.

Sigh...you guys ever get bored on this evry day 360 vs ps3 argument?

also I hope those ppl braging about games that doesnt even have any trailer, gameplay video or even a single screen shot at all realize how stupid you sound.

Around the Network

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1358787&postcount=16

Pimp your face.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

In any case if a scene has a lot of textures the Xbox 360 is generally better due to more memory. If there are fewer textures then the PS3 has better textures due to them being of higher detail. This is a simplification but its pretty good overall.

Btw: Sony encourages developers to fill up the disc with useless information to promote the BR drive in the PS3.

They also encourage to fill up the disc with usefull information like making of.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Soap_McTavish said:

Gears 2 and Forza 3 already look better than MGS 4 ....... if you dont believe that , then believe this....MGS:Rising is going to look better than MGS4 and that game is going to be available on the 360...

Alan Wake is looking to look better than U2 or KZ2...but heavy rain looks better than it....but that game is going to be bested by another game on either the 360 or the ps3....

Your not a dev , you have no idea of the power of either system and as such should be throwing the word "never" on this subject.

I actually am a dev, but that's besides the point.

Alan Wake has absolutely _nothing_ on uncharted 2 or killzone 2. Its barely an improvement to gears 2.

Gears 2 looks MUCH worse than MGS4.

MGS rising will not look better than MGS4, its dumbed down to be multi-plat.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Soap_McTavish said:

WTF, Alan Wake is not looking better than U2, why xbox users are saying that?!?! Do you loose your common sense the day you only have an xbox 360? Same thing goes for heavy rain tho, the game play of heavy rain is unique but in no case the grafics are better than uncharted 2.

Back on track, blue-ray = longer games with good graphics and extra features + no disc swap.

Soap_McTavish said:

I actually am a dev, but that's besides the point.

Consoles worked on?

Role?

Tease.