By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bluray = better graphics?

Icyedge said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Soap_McTavish said:
it does allow for better graphics. just like it allows for better picture in movies.

it's up to the developers to use the ps3 correctly.

Killzone 2, MGS4, Uncharted 2 etc. Will never be matched on the 360.

Gears 2 and Forza 3 already look better than MGS 4 ....... if you dont believe that , then believe this....MGS:Rising is going to look better than MGS4 and that game is going to be available on the 360...

Alan Wake is looking to look better than U2 or KZ2...but heavy rain looks better than it....but that game is going to be bested by another game on either the 360 or the ps3....

Your not a dev , you have no idea of the power of either system and as such should be throwing the word "never" on this subject.

There is no such thing as "never" when dealing with the HD twins.

WTF, Alan Wake is not looking better than U2, why xbox users are saying that?!?! Do you loose your common sense the day you only have an xbox 360? Same thing goes for heavy rain tho, the game play of heavy rain is unique but in no case the grafics are better than uncharted 2.

Back on track, blue-ray = longer games with good graphics and extra features + no disc swap.

Having a 360 and a PS3 means I only have a 360?......People with only a 360 dont have common sense?

You wont last here for long....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Soap_McTavish said:
it does allow for better graphics. just like it allows for better picture in movies.

The only really pretty moments in MGS4 and Uncharted 2 are FMV whilst KZ2 uses a lot of misdirection to hide the flaws. All very much possible to recreate on the 360 for the first two just use two discs and play an appropriate FMV in response and for the latter just make a really really dark game.

Most of Uncharted 2, graphic and technically wise, is amazing comparing to any console games out there. How can a gamer say that the only pretty moment are in FMV???

Icyedge said:
Soap_McTavish said:

Gears 2 and Forza 3 already look better than MGS 4 ....... if you dont believe that , then believe this....MGS:Rising is going to look better than MGS4 and that game is going to be available on the 360...

Alan Wake is looking to look better than U2 or KZ2...but heavy rain looks better than it....but that game is going to be bested by another game on either the 360 or the ps3....

Your not a dev , you have no idea of the power of either system and as such should be throwing the word "never" on this subject.

WTF, Alan Wake is not looking better than U2, why xbox users are saying that?!?! Do you loose your common sense the day you only have an xbox 360? Same thing goes for heavy rain tho, the game play of heavy rain is unique but in no case the grafics are better than uncharted 2.

Back on track, blue-ray = longer games with good graphics and extra features + no disc swap.

Having a 360 and a PS3 means I only have a 360?......People with only a 360 dont have common sense?

And it seems you have already lasted too long...

Soap_McTavish said:
Soap_McTavish said:

I actually am a dev, but that's besides the point.

Alan Wake has absolutely _nothing_ on uncharted 2 or killzone 2. Its barely an improvement to gears 2.

Gears 2 looks MUCH worse than MGS4.

MGS rising will not look better than MGS4, its dumbed down to be multi-plat.

It was a waste of time replying to you......wont happen again.

Everone here knows that the Blu Ray is more powerful than the 360 Xenos GPU...

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
Icyedge said:
Soap_McTavish said:

Maybe because Im not such a........

Icyedge said:
Squilliam said:

The only really pretty moments in MGS4 and Uncharted 2 are FMV whilst KZ2 uses a lot of misdirection to hide the flaws. All very much possible to recreate on the 360 for the first two just use two discs and play an appropriate FMV in response and for the latter just make a really really dark game.

Most of Uncharted 2, graphic and technically wise, is amazing comparing to any console games out there. How can a gamer say that the only pretty moment are in FMV???

Because I've read a few of those stupid comparison threads and the only images posted are from the Uncharted 2 cutscenes. I've also got Uncharted 2 and I've noticed that the significantly good looking parts are the cut scenes.

Sure, if you compare the U2 cutscenes to regular gameplay from other consoles then yes it does look very unachieveable, perhaps moreso on the Xbox 360. However when you compare gameplay it looks a lot more plausable. It still looks great in gameplay, but the real gameplay shots are actually within a plausable striking distance for other developers working on both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Tease.

Icyedge said:
Icyedge said:
Soap_McTavish said:

Maybe not, but when you talk about games you seem like one :P.

Icyedge said:
Icyedge said:
Icyedge said:
Soap_McTavish said:

Maybe not, but when you talk about games you seem like one :P.

How the hell can I be considered a console ****** if im not talking about games?

Squilliam said:
Feylic said:
Squilliam said:

Xbox 360 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

PS3 version response: Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested. Sound is always compressed I think you're referring to lossless compression. Also I don't feel like providing a link, go search it up yourself if you're interested.

I don't see where you're going with this...

Don't post BS then if you are not going to prove it.

Why would I spend 30-60 minutes of my life to prove some little detail to you when you'd probably just dismiss it out of hand anyway? i would rather masturbate my face with a razor blade.

If you're so keen go to www.beyond3d.com go search for username: Joker454 and in the search box write Blu Ray and PS3 and find it out for yourself. If you're not keen i'll just assume you're lazy and that you don't want to find out therefore I provided proof and you didn't accept it.

Yep, you're right, I'll dismiss it. A forum post doesn't = the truth. Time to get out that razor.