By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your thoughts of No More Heroes coming to 360/PS3

Motion controls were pretty well implemented imo, they definitely helped make what's a pretty basic battle system stand out.

You also forgot phone calls using the Wiimote.

Around the Network

At least this wasn't Mr. Suda's decision, its the Marvelous; (they're the boss) so im not that dissapointed. Hey, it was fun while the exclusivity lasted for the wii. Even with the HD visual overhaul, this game probably wont get that high of reviews.

Xxain said:
guys come the hell on....why do we act like like NMH had a deep motion control system????...it was barely even there:

1. wrestling moves, finisher slices
2. battery charge
3. and gym workouts
4. and iirc a few jobs required them

it was definitely more buttons than motion in the game

Uh... except your missing the most important motion control thing there.

The one that changed your fighting style from upword slashing to lower slashing.

Which was a big part of the game.  You can't just map that to two different buttons like A and B because it effected blocking too.

It'll be so much more tedious.

CommonMan said:
Kasz216 said:

What does that have to do with the controls ruining the charm?

I mean... have you played the game?

The controls are a big part of the games charm.  On a regular controller it becomes more like Killer 7.

Good atmosphere, fun story... but a pain to play through.

Additionally, that's one shitty screenshot.  The game looks a lot better then that.

I actually haven't played the game, are you saying that this game actually uses the Wiimote in a satisfactory fashion? I have yet to find that yet (except of course Wiisports and Tiger Woods 10). If that is the case, color me interested.

Somewhat... it's more that it's built around the controller.

You attack pattern depends on how you hold the controller,  Upwords for one way, completly level for a nother... it'd be tedious having to switch with that.

Additionally to recharge the saber you shook the control to recharge the battery... which i guess would be replaced by button tapping but that will also be annoying.

Also a lot of the moves involved the motion controls... which could be mapped to 2nd analog but again it'd be kinda annoying.

It's basically porting over a battle system that would of never been made on the HD consoles because it doesn't really work nearly as well without the Wiimote.

Kasz216 said:
Xxain said:
guys come the hell on....why do we act like like NMH had a deep motion control system????...it was barely even there:

2. battery charge
3. and gym workouts

The one that changed your fighting style from upword slashing to lower slashing.

Which was a big part of the game.  You can't just map that to two different buttons like A and B because it effected blocking too.

how about u hold down a trigger button to go into high stance....done, but thats not my point, ppl are makin it seem like NMH abused the motion segments when theey wernt really there...u pushing more buttons than u were motion..they exclusion of motion( maybe) will be missed but lets not paint a not so accurate picture of how substantail they were to the game

Around the Network

I personally really enjoyed this game but I think it's gonna bomb being 2 years later already and people in japan shit wii so if they were interested, it'd have already been played.

Xxain said:

how about u hold down a trigger button to go into high stance....done, but thats not my point, ppl are makin it seem like NMH abused the motion segments when theey wernt really there...u pushing more buttons than u were motion..they exclusion of motion( maybe) will be missed but lets not paint a not so accurate picture of how substantail they were to the game

Oh, the game will be easy to replicate with just a pad.  Even finishers.  Hell, NMH2 already has Classic Controller support too.

And i think people are talking more about substantial appeal with the motion controls.  They were just really well implemented and fun, I definitely think the game "loses something" without them.  

Xxain said:
Kasz216 said:
Xxain said:

2. battery charge
3. and gym workouts

How about holding a trigger in is a lot more annoying?  I mean have you ever played a game like that before.

A large part of the charm just was the motions.  It's oddly satisfying to slash out a finishing move or suplex somebody...

It really is going to make the actual gameplay drag I think and make it more like K7 for most people.

jarrod said:
Xxain said:

Oh, the game will be easy to replicate with just a pad.  Even finishers.  Hell, NMH2 already has Classic Controller support too.

And i think people are talking more about substantial appeal with the motion controls.  They were just really well implemented and fun, I definitely think the game "loses something" without them.  

Thats a fine answer..i cool with that, its just this:  " i dont care more ppl can enjoy it.......... but but but it wont be as cool as Wii version becuase of the ultimate motion experience it offered( when the motion was only used in a handful of the full game)

DP