By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

@Selnor, hmmmm a $120 Natal, lets see how great it does

Around the Network
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Am I the only one that sees these sales as good but not great for Sony?

They have just had a HUGE pricecut, and a complete redesign of the machine. The SLIM. And yet the 360 sits very close. OK we know Walmart had deals, and COD 4 pack. But seriously? How in the world is Sony going to contend with Natal launch?!

I seriously expect ( and cant see how anyone can say different with this much media hype ) that Natal will see 360 around if not better than Wii's current numbers next year, and regularly every week. This almost cements Sony in last for the generation by ( total guess ) 20 million +?

Natal is gonna at least triple sales of the 360's current numbers this same time next year. With as much advertising and funding as a new launch console it will be MASSIVE. For Sony to not have come last this gen we needed to see Wii numbers now after the major changes they made. Ther is little else but further price drops for Sony.

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Well Feylic ( MR stealth troll ) may well put it in his sig yet. He likes to feel mighty on the net and make others ( or attempt ) feel inferior. At least not everyone takes the net 'THAT' seriously.

Well i haven't seen a prediction you made come true as of yet...

And i will link him to your post now

Ive made very few predictions. Many have split hairs over my MGS one. I was closer than almost everyone here with that. LOL. And my numbers that were in mysig were within 10,000 for each console so, I think I'm pretty good. Even game releases I have gotten right, apart from FM3 release week. So I guess you are basing it on the MGS4 one.

You were closer than most people? Most people said MGS4 wouldn't be announced for 360... And it wasn't. So how the hell were you closer than almost everyone?

And im basing it off a bunch of predictions ive seen you make. Mostly on FM3. Like the one where you said you expect it to get a 97/98 meta rating. Or the one where you said it will propel it to be above PS3 in Europe/Others for the rest of the year.

There is a bunch of different ones you made, that are all entirely filled with fail. People are starting to not take you seriously anymore.

Yeah...Selnor has never, ever made a good prediction...ever.

Most recently to do with FM3, as far as sales, metascore etc.

rafichamp said:

Natal at £40 is the same price as a game £40. And the leak also said the 360+ Natal package will be around the £199 mark. Cheaper than the Wii currently.

selnor said:
rafichamp said:

Natal at £40 is the same price as a game £40. And the leak also said the 360+ Natal package will be around the £199 mark. Cheaper than the Wii currently.

Microsoft also said that leak was false.

What will you do if Natal itself costs what... £100?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Am I the only one that sees these sales as good but not great for Sony?

They have just had a HUGE pricecut, and a complete redesign of the machine. The SLIM. And yet the 360 sits very close. OK we know Walmart had deals, and COD 4 pack. But seriously? How in the world is Sony going to contend with Natal launch?!

I seriously expect ( and cant see how anyone can say different with this much media hype ) that Natal will see 360 around if not better than Wii's current numbers next year, and regularly every week. This almost cements Sony in last for the generation by ( total guess ) 20 million +?

Natal is gonna at least triple sales of the 360's current numbers this same time next year. With as much advertising and funding as a new launch console it will be MASSIVE. For Sony to not have come last this gen we needed to see Wii numbers now after the major changes they made. Ther is little else but further price drops for Sony.

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Well Feylic ( MR stealth troll ) may well put it in his sig yet. He likes to feel mighty on the net and make others ( or attempt ) feel inferior. At least not everyone takes the net 'THAT' seriously.

Well i haven't seen a prediction you made come true as of yet...

And i will link him to your post now

Ive made very few predictions. Many have split hairs over my MGS one. I was closer than almost everyone here with that. LOL. And my numbers that were in mysig were within 10,000 for each console so, I think I'm pretty good. Even game releases I have gotten right, apart from FM3 release week. So I guess you are basing it on the MGS4 one.

You were closer than most people? Most people said MGS4 wouldn't be announced for 360... And it wasn't. So how the hell were you closer than almost everyone?

And im basing it off a bunch of predictions ive seen you make. Mostly on FM3. Like the one where you said you expect it to get a 97/98 meta rating. Or the one where you said it will propel it to be above PS3 in Europe/Others for the rest of the year.

There is a bunch of different ones you made, that are all entirely filled with fail. People are starting to not take you seriously anymore.

I said I got FM3 wrong. And most people said that MGS would never appear on 360. I DID say MGS4 would be announced at this E3. Yeah it wasn't MGS4, but the new MGS game being announced at that very E3 wasn't bad. But I guess all my other predictions you dont remeber because they were good. And it doesnt fit well with the image your trying to give.

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
rafichamp said:

Microsoft also said that leak was false.

What will you do if Natal itself costs what... £100?

Of course they will say a leak is false. Companies deny all leaks even when true. And I dont see Natal costing that. M$ are a business, if we can see that is a mistake. They definately can. They want the casual Wii market, and will price accordingly.

ioi expects 360 hardware to be the same, so I suspect 300K for next week for 360

as for PS3 it should go up to 370-400K, Wii possibly 500K+ again

mM
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:

I said I got FM3 wrong. And most people said that MGS would never appear on 360. I DID say MGS4 would be announced at this E3. Yeah it wasn't MGS4, but the new MGS game being announced at that very E3 wasn't bad. But I guess all my other predictions you dont remeber because they were good. And it doesnt fit well with the image your trying to give.

Link me to all your "good" predictions, please.

You bet your house on MGS4 being anounced for 360. The majority of people said MGS4 wouldnt be announced for 360. You were not closer than most people... You were 100% incorrect. Most people were 100% correct.

selnor you got F3 more then wrong, you failed more then any one being serious has ever failed on here.