By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

PS3 only slightly up more than 360 last year this week. The Same was true last week. I waonder if next week if it will break away. 360 had a good week.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

Only the DS could be down 200k units yoy and still be doing godly. It does sadden me though to see the DS down so much.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

It's going to be itneresting to see how 360 performs thru the holiday season...This week sees it's last big hurrah with L4D2, so will it be enough to finish strong? Wii usually has long legs exclusives, so NSMB will continue to chew up sales, and the PS3 is looking to be the lead console for Japan. This year is much more balanced than last year...with the Wii outstripping everybody, and 4 years into the generation, it's amazing that all 3 are doing so well...unlike the last two generations when PS just dominated....lol.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Am I the only one that sees these sales as good but not great for Sony?

They have just had a HUGE pricecut, and a complete redesign of the machine. The SLIM. And yet the 360 sits very close. OK we know Walmart had deals, and COD 4 pack. But seriously? How in the world is Sony going to contend with Natal launch?!

I seriously expect ( and cant see how anyone can say different with this much media hype ) that Natal will see 360 around if not better than Wii's current numbers next year, and regularly every week. This almost cements Sony in last for the generation by ( total guess ) 20 million +?

Natal is gonna at least triple sales of the 360's current numbers this same time next year. With as much advertising and funding as a new launch console it will be MASSIVE. For Sony to not have come last this gen we needed to see Wii numbers now after the major changes they made. Ther is little else but further price drops for Sony.

selnor said:

They have just had a HUGE pricecut, and a complete redesign of the machine. The SLIM. And yet the 360 sits very close. OK we know Walmart had deals, and COD 4 pack. But seriously? How in the world is Sony going to contend with Natal launch?!

I seriously expect ( and cant see how anyone can say different with this much media hype ) that Natal will see 360 around if not better than Wii's current numbers next year, and regularly every week. This almost cements Sony in last for the generation by ( total guess ) 20 million +?

Natal is gonna at least triple sales of the 360's current numbers this same time next year. With as much advertising and funding as a new launch console it will be MASSIVE. For Sony to not have come last this gen we needed to see Wii numbers now after the major changes they made. Ther is little else but further price drops for Sony.

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Well Feylic ( MR stealth troll ) may well put it in his sig yet. He likes to feel mighty on the net and make others ( or attempt ) feel inferior. At least not everyone takes the net 'THAT' seriously.

selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Well Feylic ( MR stealth troll ) may well put it in his sig yet. He likes to feel mighty on the net and make others ( or attempt ) feel inferior. At least not everyone takes the net 'THAT' seriously.

Well i haven't seen a prediction you made come true as of yet...

And i will link him to your post now

Euphoria14 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
ZorroX said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
hmmm.

This huge ps3 > 360 gap predicted by many isnt materialising.... I'm thinking fairly even outside Japan this holidays. could be wrong.

Next week the gap will be increasing to about 100k again.

My preliminary prediction:

360: 280k
PS3: 380k

GAP: +100k PS3

360 has no MW2 bundle and no Walmart gift next week.

True.

uber said:

sony needs to jump on the offensive and do something to put MS away for the year. the black friday sales i'm hearing about are great, but i think they really need to respond with a week long promotion to take away MS's momentum.

LoL, what momentum? It ended by itself, since that was only 1 week deal for 99$. And MW2 bundles, well, all hardcore MW2 fans would buy it on first week. There is NO momentum on x360, just one week(technically 2, since 99$ one week deal started on Saturday) spike.

I demand a one week ban for everyone saying it was $99. You had to pay $199 (!!!) and got a $100 giftcard. You can basically say it was bundled with two games. When the PS3 was $399 it was bundled with Resistance 2 and Fifa 09 (the latest at that time) in some shops. So nobody said it was already $279 back then.

You had to use that $100 on XBox related items? I ask this because I am sure many, if not everyone in this thread could easily find something else to spend the $100 on. Like food, christmas shopping, toilet paper, candles, etc...

So while it wasn't exactly a $99 XBox360 and/or pricecut, for someone like me it would be a $99 360 because I have plenty of things I would have spent the extra $100 on, like clothing, food, etc... for my daughter. So in the end, yes, for me it would have been a $99 360 Arcade.

Am I wrong?

Yes, indeed! 

If you want to stretch it, as WalMart offer is "pay 200, get 300 value", it's like you get XB360 for $133 and then other stuff worth $100 for $66, You have to pay those $199 and then you get $100 worth of other things, you can't get your $100 back, even if you want. It's a 3x2 offer, plain and simple, you can have your 33% discount, but on at least 3 items, you can't get it on a single item. But a very good one, undeniably, as normally you can get offers like that on soap, snacks, soft drinks, shampoo, toothpaste, etc, but you seldom get it on consoles (although spending even more on a large TV you can get even more expensive gifts, but you get it, you receive a big gift if you spend an even bigger sum).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Carl2291 said:
selnor said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor said:

As always...

Bookmark'd.

Well i haven't seen a prediction you made come true as of yet...

And i will link him to your post now

Ive made very few predictions. Many have split hairs over my MGS one. I was closer than almost everyone here with that. LOL. And my numbers that were in mysig were within 10,000 for each console so, I think I'm pretty good. Even game releases I have gotten right, apart from FM3 release week. So I guess you are basing it on the MGS4 one.

Sorry selnor. But your attempt is pathetic. 360 had a price cut last year and the ps3 is beating those sales. AT A HIGHER PRICE! and really... so what about a redesign? That still only attracts the same people the price cut does... PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE A PS3 YET! Very very very few owners probablly bought a new slim... try harder.