By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Up PS3 Still >Than 360 MW2 Sells 8.14million

Nintendogamer said:
I can garantee that Wii sales will top 60 million before 15th December and 61.2 million around 19th December but I'm not keen on bets.

So the real question is will Wii become Nintendo's best selling console ever before the new yr?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
Nintendogamer said:
I can garantee that Wii sales will top 60 million before 15th December and 61.2 million around 19th December but I'm not keen on bets.

So the real question is will Wii become Nintendo's best selling console ever before the new yr?

Home console?

I think it can.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Zlejedi said:
Carl2291 said:
Talega said:
newbie3 said:
4 of the top 5 console week ones of all time are owned by Xbox. Rather amazing.

Thats because M$ makes a lot of publicity but look the quality of games that are in top :s shame shame

All of them are AAA rated games. Although one of them probably doesn't deserve that rating... They are all without a doubt good games for their respective genre.

None of them deserves to be AAA.

It's sad how badly has console gaming fallen with 3 biggest launches being first person shooters and two pointless GTA games.

In your opinion, at least reviews and people think they are AAA, what you have to say is pretty much useless.

Edit: double post

Arius Dion said:
Nintendogamer said:

NES sales are about 61.90 Million so it's quite likely I'de say, Celebrating Wii being the most sold Nintendo console on Christmas day will be ecstatic! Wii sales will likely top 62 million between 20th-24th December.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

The NES sold roughly 62 million.

The Wii sold 6.51 million between this time last year and the end of 2008.

Adding that on to current Wii sales would give 63.2 million.

Wii was down 14% this week.

If it's down 14% for the rest of the year: 6.51 * 0.86 = 5.60 million

56.69 + 5.60 = 62.29 million

Which is just above the NES. But, the Wii will probably go down further YoY, around the time when the Wii began to take off and sell 1 million + in 2008.

So, I now say no, it won't.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

Which is just above the NES. But, the Wii will probably go down further YoY, around the time when the Wii began to take off and sell 1 million + in 2008.

Don't forget that the Wii was badly supply constrained in December of last year, which is why December numbers were basically identical to November numbers. This year, that won't be a problem.

I say it will.

Kantor said:

Sales will have likely to drop a bi after boxing day.  But still I'm happy if it does 62.29 million :)  with NSMBwii I think wii sales could be slightly up YoY next week.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Don't forget that the Wii was badly supply constrained in December of last year, which is why December numbers were basically identical to November numbers. This year, that won't be a problem.

I say it will.

Ahh good point.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Damnit, the PS3 beating the 360 as of late means the 360 will lose support. Crap!