By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh and on topic - please, just perma-ban snake. It'll save us a lot of drama.

Us, dunno about his family but hey, permabanning builds character!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
psrock said:
nordlead said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@ctk

I disagree

being a member for a long time now, I have hardly ever gone into the off topic threads

for me the life of Vg chartz is its Gaming/Sales/consoles forum

nothing else!

besides, offtopic is in the "hot topics" section when you click "Click for Hot Topcis" at the top of your recent threads. It seems like all the people who like to complain about off topic not being focused on don't really explore the website. And like darth says, the real meat of the forums is gaming/sales/consoles.

The offtopic was taking off the hot topic because it used to be so popular. It's been pushed to the side so the gaming section could flourished. Trust me, Darth goes after $VG and he knows where it's at now.

Absolutely false, I go after VG$, but to say the sole reason of me liking the gaming side of this site is VG$ is very short sighted of you, considering I post a lot.

when the off topic section was "popular", I never even made threads there, as off topic discussions bore me. Be it the vrigin thread or art Of Angels life chronicles......I couldn't really care less & never found those threads to be "epic"...I'd be on the site for weeks without bothering to even go into the off topic section.

The gaming section had the VG$ back then too, but most of all it had more interesting things, sales, console wars, hyping games, good community & so on.

I don't think the "off topic" section has been pushed anywhere, having it on the main topics was honestly a very inconvinient thing for me.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Esmoreit said:
Oh and on topic - please, just perma-ban snake. It'll save us a lot of drama.

Us, dunno about his family but hey, permabanning builds character!

Whoo I'll remember not to vote for you if a mod must be selected.

@boutros

agreed

how the hell is this bannable?

Mostly because it's annoying and because I think the mods are here to help us. They can help snake by banning him, learning him the vitals of keeping promises.

Plus, I've been banned once I can't become a mod even if I wanted to.

Also, people have been banned for less. If anything, Snake is spamming.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
Mostly because it's annoying and because I think the mods are here to help us. They can help snake by banning him, learning him the vitals of keeping promises.

Plus, I've been banned once I can't become a mod even if I wanted to.

Also, people have been banned for less. If anything, Snake is spamming.

95% of Off-Topic threads are spam threads.

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
nordlead said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@ctk

I disagree

being a member for a long time now, I have hardly ever gone into the off topic threads

for me the life of Vg chartz is its Gaming/Sales/consoles forum

nothing else!

besides, offtopic is in the "hot topics" section when you click "Click for Hot Topcis" at the top of your recent threads. It seems like all the people who like to complain about off topic not being focused on don't really explore the website. And like darth says, the real meat of the forums is gaming/sales/consoles.

The offtopic was taking off the hot topic because it used to be so popular. It's been pushed to the side so the gaming section could flourished. Trust me, Darth goes after $VG and he knows where it's at now.

Absolutely false, I go after VG$, but to say the sole reason of me liking the gaming side of this site is VG$ is very short sighted of you, considering I post a lot.

when the off topic section was "popular", I never even made threads there, as off topic discussions bore me. Be it the vrigin thread or art Of Angels life chronicles......I couldn't really care less & never found those threads to be "epic"...I'd be on the site for weeks without bothering to even go into the off topic section.

The gaming section had the VG$ back then too, but most of all it had more interesting things, sales, console wars, hyping games, good community & so on.

I don't think the "off topic" section has been pushed anywhere, having it on the main topics was honestly a very inconvinient thing for me.

$VG was not even there or such a big deal back then, and you didnt post as much either. You started to post alot, once the ioi started to give Others and America numbers and you wanted to be the first one to post it. that's fair.

But the offtopic was the reason I stayed in this site even when there were 80 to 100 online. It carried it before news, and many other improvements, but to toss it aside once things got better, that was weird.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@esmoreit

oh puh-lease

perma banning someone on an internet site isn't going to change them or "help" them in any way

also he made a couple threads back in the day that he was leaving this june.. He obviously didn't.

TOO MANY CHANCES.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Esmoreit said:
I started out in 07 right when the console wars heated up and I think that is were most of the nostalgia-laments are coming from. With Wii and PS3 out of the gate the forums were on fire and threads/flamewars were created left and right.

This meant that the gaming and sales section filled up like Rosie O'Donnel in an all you can eat buffet with threads and members. New ones like me attracted by fighting, spurred on by the (comedic) older gents who knew their way around the forum and the flamewars.

Likewise, the Off-topic section was more of a save heaven free from fighting where everyone could get merry. Some of the most epic threads were created at that time (the tossing salad thread still brings a smile to my face) and so the off topic section grew in popularity if not in topics created per hour but rather in chatter and getting to know one another apart from being a raging fanboy.

Now that the console wars died down the forums have changed. It's more easy-going, with lesser new members going in and the vast majority of the old guard staying to discuss the details. This also has its effect on the off topic section.

Not to say this place is dead. In the last year, if memory serves me right the demotivator thread was created, RCT's "Most attractive user" threads lasted 4 frigging rounds and in general had between 500 and a 1000 replies. Both the signing up thread and the contest itself. The mafia threads are now still spurring replies etc... it's still kicking only not as heavy as it used to be. But as long as the occasional gem is created ("Need gay dating advice!") we certainly will live...

lol i agree tho off topic was the shit back in those times now it's a borefest