By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Super Mario Galaxy Thread

^fkusumot - that variety review made me laugh. for starters it got: SPONSORED BY SONY at the top now that just explains it all..

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Around the Network

fkusumot, go troll somewhere else. A couple friends and I, one of whom hates motion controls, loved this game. There's only one move that requires motion controls, it's just a quick waggle to spin attack...and the pointer is not a chore at all. The pointer eliminates the chore of running to go get star pieces. It feels great...in fact I love every time those star pieces appear...it's a great piece of a positive reinforcement...like delicious candy. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
fkusumot, go troll somewhere else. A couple friends and I, one of whom hates motion controls, loved this game. There's only one move that requires motion controls, it's just a quick waggle to spin attack...and the pointer is not a chore at all. The pointer eliminates the chore of running to go get star pieces. It feels great...in fact I love every time those star pieces appear...it's a great piece of a positive reinforcement...like delicious candy. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

2 more perfect scores for SMG

http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=688

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/wii/super_mario_galaxy_p1.asp?rep

I'm loving the games so far. It kicks so much ass in so many ways, and is a very worthy successor to SM64.

My only complaints so far are, 1. it's really easy (so far) and 2. jaggies!

The jaggies are really bad on a 1080p set. What's strange about it is that the jaggies seem much worse in the Observatory than in the galaxies, despite there (usually) being much more action going on in the galaxies.

Btw, is anyone else having trouble with the quick 180 jump? I find it to be a real pain to pull of, compared to SMS and SM64. Nine times out of ten it just doesn't work for me, and it usually only works when Mario is facing directly at or away from the screen.

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
I really, really, really love Mario Galaxy. Its absolutely "the most" beautiful, breathtaking and fun game on the WII, with an amazing atmosphere and unbelievable soundtrack, that it makes me burst in tears at times ...but... a few tiny "buts".

At first I have the feeling this game is so damn easy, a lot easier than Mario Sunshine. I still don't understand why people are still complaining about Sunshine as to me it was better than Mario 64. The challenges in the game are kind of low so far. Plus getting lives in the game is so easy, I've never had so many lives in a short time in all the Mario games together than I have right now.

I don't wish to spoil things, but they've removed 2 things from the games which were available in Sunshine / Mario 64, which I'm sad about, probably even three...

Overall so far this game is the best you can get on the WII and a total must for at least every little bit of Mario fan. Most people who just find him a bit adorable will burst into tears of laughing once you'll see him flying around in his bee-suit *teehee*.

I agree with that paragraph completely, except for SMS being better than SM64, though that's probably more due to sentimental reasons more than anything else (SM64 was probably the first game to really get me into gaming). I agree that SMS was a great game, and could never understand why so many people were turned off by it.

SMG does seem oddly easy to me.  I've had at least 15 lives since I got my second star.  It doesn't take away from the fun factor, though. :P

I think that the game being too easy is one of the gripes that IGN had with it. Although I am only 15 stars into the game. I can bet it will get harder. Especially stars 60-120.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

makingmusic476 said:

SMG does seem oddly easy to me. I've had at least 15 lives since I got my second star. It doesn't take away from the fun factor, though. :P

If you exit the game you'll be reset back to four lives. How many stars are you up to now?

*~Onna76~* said:
Well... just listen to this. I've uploaded for now 2 themes from Mario Galaxy, which I've recored myself from the game. Mario had to stand with his head between his legs all the time so to shut up during the entire recording... poor little fella *lol*. I hope the official soundtrack will be released very soon.

Put your headphones up and enjoy ;) Unless you don't want to be spoiled about the sound... DON'T LISTEN!!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/24/1537465/BattleRockGalaxy%28320Kbps%29.mp3

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/24/1537465/SMG_StarDustGalaxy_1.mp3

I have no words for this game. At times its simple, but the beauty, atmosphere and the best sound ever in Mario history makes me really wanna burst in tears. And Bowser... I've even replayed the battle with him, because he's so outstanding beautiful!

Thanks for the music sample, Onna. I love the way you threaten to burst into tears every time SMG is mentioned. That's what I call a gushing endorsement. ;)

Sadly, I'm too poor for Mario until the end of the week. I really hope the labour dispute at my workplace doesn't prevent my paycheque from coming on time. :(

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

BenKenobi88 said:
The Bowser Jr. fights are cool...but man, that first Bowser fight...epic already...MAN!

I mean...the epic music in the background...Bowser looks awesome...

I've got 25 stars...been playing with a friend...we love it!

That's the fight I was talking about, the 1st Bowser not jr. fight.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!