By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Top 10 "Under-appreciated" PlayStation 2 Games

arcane_chaos said:

good list! I own some of those games, Digital Devil saga, Shadow hearts, and Magna Carta

I've played God Hand and Yakuza(borrowed from my friend)

an under-appreciated PS2 game IMO is Xenosaga!

EDIT: I've been looking for Rule of Rose, probably gonna buy it online

Thankx man, and yeah xenogears is alittle underrated but not much as these games

most rpg fan played at least one games of the series on the ps2

Good luck finding ROR, hope ur not from Europe, coze i heard it was banned there

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
libellule said:
Damn,

I m interested in SH but I wondering if I should not go directly to SH2 ...

both games are pretty expensive (rare hardcore used online games in France are always expensive)

SH 2 is the best RPG on the ps2 imo, but you have to play the first one to understand the story better

you can skip SH3 (new story& characters and a little disappointing)

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

lightbleeder said:
Great that you mentioned Shadow of Destiny, that was one of my favorites for the PS2, is your list was a little bit longer you would have to include Ring of Red, that game was a true gem....

Ring of Red was indeed an under-appreciated gem

It certainly deserve a spot in there

I really need to re-play it

nen-suer said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Where is Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria and Chaos Legion...?

Valkrie 2, is alittle underrated true but these games imo are more deserving

as for CL, it had hype and apperciations from the fans

@khuutra

I knew you would say that....

Mmm... Silmeria was highly underrated because it came out near the release of Final Fantasy XII... and imo VP2 is FAAAAAR better then FFXII ever could be.

True atleast what little it had people loved chaos legion for a time, a short time but a time no less, im not really sure about godhand though i did enjoy it, i didn't like its art-style VS chaos legion though.

@Seraphic_Sixaxis

Thats why its "my" top 10 :)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
libellule said:
Damn,

I m interested in SH but I wondering if I should not go directly to SH2 ...

both games are pretty expensive (rare hardcore used online games in France are always expensive)

SH 2 is the best RPG on the ps2 imo, but you have to play the first one to understand the story better

you can skip SH3 (new story& characters and a little disappointing)

hum hum hum .... those games are so long ....

Time to Work !

@libellule

Well, if you have a problem getting both games, you can always emulate.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

nen-suer said:
arcane_chaos said:

good list! I own some of those games, Digital Devil saga, Shadow hearts, and Magna Carta

Thankx man, and yeah xenogears is alittle underrated but not much as these games

Good luck finding ROR, hope ur not from Europe, coze i heard it was banned there

iisn't Xenogears another game made by square-enix?  Xenosaga is a 3 game story made  by bandia namco, anyway I live in the U.S. found RoR for $20 on amazon so I'm gonna buy it soon(if it's still there)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
now that you mention it chaos, the series that is Xenosaga itself is underrated on PS2 overall.

yeah I meant to say the entire series, Xenosaga episode I was the best of the 3.  Xenosaga 2 is what screwed it up IMO. new voice actors, couldn't buy items/weapons, seperation of human and A.W.G.S. this is what killed it, Bandia Namco try to go back with the same formula from one but it was to late for the series.....

arcane_chaos said:
nen-suer said:
arcane_chaos said:

iisn't Xenogears another game made by square-enix?  Xenosaga is a 3 game story made  by bandia namco, anyway I live in the U.S. found RoR for $20 on amazon so I'm gonna buy it soon(if it's still there)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
now that you mention it chaos, the series that is Xenosaga itself is underrated on PS2 overall.

yeah I meant to say the entire series, Xenosaga episode I was the best of the 3.  Xenosaga 2 is what screwed it up IMO. new voice actors, couldn't buy items/weapons, seperation of human and A.W.G.S. this is what killed it, Bandia Namco try to go back with the same formula from one but it was to late for the series.....

lol, am at work so am kinda tired XD

Xenosaga actually got some hype, i doubt any rpg lover never played it or at least heard of it

am talking about under-appreciated not just underrated

^ lol, true I keep on forgetting the difference between underrated and under-appreciated....