By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 8800GT out on monday...beats 8800GTS for $199-$250???

how do you know Ati's RV670 is going to beat the 88000gt (haven't read any of the latest news?), no one thought the 8800gt was this good, everyhardware site seems to think the 8800gt wil be better. Even if it isnt better nvidia is also gonna launch the new GTS which will be very good, might even beat the 8800gtx.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
how do you know Ati's RV670 is going to beat the 88000gt (haven't read any of the latest news?), no one thought the 8800gt was this good, everyhardware site seems to think the 8800gt wil be better. Even if it isnt better nvidia is also gonna launch the new GTS which will be very good, might even beat the 8800gtx.

Answer: We know 8800GT will be roughly equivelant to GTX, from leaked benchmarks. We know HD2900XT would be as good as an 8800GTS 640MB if the AA and AF bugs were fixed. We know 8800GTX is 10% better than 8800GTS 640MB. We know RV670 @ 825MHz is 1.1x the clockof HD2900XT while having the same architecture. Therefore, RV670 = 8800GTX = 8800GT. Both RV670 and 8800GT will debut at $250. So, I assume performance will be equal.

New GTS > 8800GTX: Definetely not. There are no architectural or clock improvements - it's just getting extra shader units but will still have less than the GTX.

Even if I'm wrong, ATI has R700 coming up but Nvidia has already shown us G90...

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

8800 GT :)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I am actually very excited to see what this does to the price of the GTS 320MB models....I could be getting my SLI SOON!

To Each Man, Responsibility
Musouka said:
Wow, that would be totally awesome. Imagine what an SLI setup can do then.

Where can I see the benchmarks?
I made the word 'bencharks' a link in the original post.

Around the Network

A review:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1210/1

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

with TirSLI being released Nov. 12th this could get rather interesting.

I just hope this doesnt lower the 8400GS that much, =/, grant it I paid $47 for it but still.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wow that thing is thin...it has adequate cooling like that? And $250? I think I've found the card to buy this holiday!

Oh yeah, and I played the Crisis single player demo last night at a LAN party...very awesome graphics, especially with my one friend who has Vista and DX10. Granted, his system was absurdly bleeding edge awesome, but the jump from DX9 to 10 was AWWW!!!!!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Wow that thing is thin...it has adequate cooling like that? And $250? I think I've found the card to buy this holiday!

Oh yeah, and I played the Crisis single player demo last night at a LAN party...very awesome graphics, especially with my one friend who has Vista and DX10. Granted, his system was absurdly bleeding edge awesome, but the jump from DX9 to 10 was AWWW!!!!!

yea its quite nice that its so thin. Wont cover over other slots. I wonder if Nvidia is going to release a 9xxx series within the next year or continue on with the 8xxx series of names. 8900GTX out soon? lol 8950GTX2?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

BenKenobi88 said:

What kind of framerates did he get at what settings?  I've read reports of bleeding edge systems getting 5 frames per second at high resolutions with the game set to 'high'.

That review says the fan is louder than the dual slot 8800's, and from the reported temps it looks like it runs about as hot as my 7800gtx, so I suppose it cools okay....I do have to have my case open for demanding games with my setup, but my computer room stays around 81 degrees all the time.  

I don't mind dual slot, so I hope we get some quality *quiet* dual slot 3rd party coolers.  Or, I guess I could just buy a case like this one