By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Now that FFXIII's US release date has been announced....

badgenome said:
Whatever your preference of console, there are three points to consider and be outraged by here:

1. All true Final Fantasy fans are accustomed to waiting >4 months from the game's Japanese release. It's not only a beloved tradition; it gives the game time a chance to age, like a fine wine. This haste is totally unbecoming and seems like a premature ejaculation on Square-Enix's part.

2. The localization is clearly a rush job, so we can only expect the translation to be almost or completely incoherent and all of the English voiceovers to sound like they were done by Bobcat Goldthwait.

3. Microsoft is poop.

yeah, now I expect PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics Engrish level

Around the Network

This is big because the NA release date is on my B-day :D

Too bad I don't have a PS3/Xbox 360 D:

This is the true definition of owning.

chubaca said:
badgenome said:
Whatever your preference of console, there are three points to consider and be outraged by here:

1. All true Final Fantasy fans are accustomed to waiting >4 months from the game's Japanese release. It's not only a beloved tradition; it gives the game time a chance to age, like a fine wine. This haste is totally unbecoming and seems like a premature ejaculation on Square-Enix's part.

2. The localization is clearly a rush job, so we can only expect the translation to be almost or completely incoherent and all of the English voiceovers to sound like they were done by Bobcat Goldthwait.

3. Microsoft is poop.

yeah, now I expect PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics Engrish level

More like Zero Wing.

I didnt really think MS caused a delay....SE Delays everything. I remember KHII was suppose to launch in like Spring 04 then got delayed to Winter 05 then to SPring 06

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

You make a great point ShadowSoldier, but after the game was announced multiplat PS3 fanboys lost the ability to understand logic.

Around the Network

I think there would be a good chance that we would get a simultaneous WW release, which SE are moving towards in general

Darc Requiem said:
You make a great point ShadowSoldier, but after the game was announced multiplat PS3 fanboys lost the ability to understand logic.

But I'm a PS3 Fanboy

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

the game was already delayed. It wasn't a matter of a delay in localization in the case of PS3 vs 360.

NO one knows what is to blame, it might 360, it might be not. I just don't care anymore...

Darc Requiem said:

Wait, Sony fanboys actually knew of logic before the multiplatform announcement?

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Would you rather prefer they release the PS3 version earlier and then release a port on the 360 later on with extras? Because that is exactly what would happen if they didn't work on the projects simultaneously given the late port policy.