By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Operating System Market Share for September, 2007

Operating Systems market share breakdown.  Nintendo Wii 0.12%, 11 overall.

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=2

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Around the Network

Go linux! .81%!

Nintendo Wii is apparently an operating system, hmm.

the Wii is an epidemic.

There is no way to track Linux market share and no way to even come up with a realistic number.

yeah what site/sites is this for? pretty meaningless graph

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
KohlyKohl said:
There is no way to track Linux market share and no way to even come up with a realistic number.

If you can get some popular web sites to provide demographics on their users and a summary of the frequency of different user agent strings in their logs you can piece together a sample that is roughly representative of all internet users.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Non Sequor said:
KohlyKohl said:

If you can get some popular web sites to provide demographics on their users and a summary of the frequency of different user agent strings in their logs you can piece together a sample that is roughly representative of all internet users.

you cant because 70% of all game servers are linux based which would make Windows' market share lower greatly. Nintendo Wii as an OS wtf? Why not Live and the PSN too. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

How many people use a user agent switcher just to view websites properly under Linux? I know many who do and that right there could possibly throw that idea off. Secondly why only count online users? What percentage of Linux Desktops are online and offline? There are just too many variables in affect making a count of Linux very difficult at best.

KohlyKohl said:
How many people use a user agent switcher just to view websites properly under Linux? I know many who do and that right there could possibly throw that idea off. Secondly why only count online users? What percentage of Linux Desktops are online and offline? There are just too many variables in affect making a count of Linux very difficult at best.
Really?  I don't need to run any windows browser in wine to view things properly in linux.  (If you know how to set things up correctly there's no need to)

These market shares in operating systems are a little twisted, considering the real userbase. I bought a laptop last month with Vista. Although in still running Vista at the moment, i'm replacing it with Ubuntu ASAP (the reason why i still have the Vista, is because Ubuntu 7.04 didn't have drivers for the graphics card).

Someone runs web browser with Wine? LMAO.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.