By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I never realized online console gaming was so bad...

dbot said:
Slimebeast said:
dbot said:
I am sure that dedicated servers will return for the next COD. They only problem is they will come with a subscription model.

What tipe of subscritopn model? Casn u xplain how that works?

Sure, you buy the game and pay a monthly fee to Activision to play online.  The current retail model doesn't work for games any longer due to rentals and pirates. Moving to a subscription based model would allow the publisher to gain revenue from these people.  It's the Warcraft model for other genres.  

Are these your own speculations though (and maybe some industry speculation and analysis)?

Because Ive never heard any concrete plans about this so far.

Around the Network
Akvod said:
Zones said:
Just like all the previous CoD games, the PC version doesn't have more control options; you can't play the game with the Xbox 360 controller.

In CoD4 you could lean...

I know, and you are right, but I was referring to this statement made by the OP "It's the same game with (slightly) better graphics and more control options (you can use a controller, or M/KB)."

I said you can't, so both of us are correct.  

Zones said:
Just like all the previous CoD games, the PC version doesn't have more control options; you can't play the game with the Xbox 360 controller.

You're 100% wrong there, friend.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=090

The Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

CommonMan said:
I haven't used the PSN as much, but I can tell you that out of the 130 matches of Halo 3 I've played, only 1 has had ANY lag at all, and that was the day that ODST came out and hundreds of thousands of angry teenagers flooded Live. Needless to say that was my only match that day, yuck to a lot of the Live userbase. Do you know how many times I've heard "Nice game dude" pause "too bad you suck!" just before the matchmaking kicks off to go to a new game. Bleh. PSN is just about as good for online multi, haven't noticed much difference.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.  More players playing on more servers shouldn't cause additional lag...

max power said:
Zones said:

You're 100% wrong there, friend.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=090

The Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

I do use an Xbox 360 controller for most of the games I play on my PC, so I know about this.

The issue here is that the Call of Duty games don't support Xbox 360 controller for some unknown reasons, so the controller here is useless as the game doesn't support it.

I don't really know why Infinity Ward doesn't make the controller compatible at least for the single-player, I mean even Crysis completely supports Xbox 360 controller so how hard would it be for a console game to support it really!?!

Around the Network

You do know not everyone has capable computers to play MW2?

Don't forget people have to pay to play on LIVE.

Smashed said:
You do know not everyone has capable computers to play MW2?

Not everyone has capable consoles to play it either.  What's your point?

Another quick point.

I hear people worrying about their hardware failing and updates to drivers and whatnot, how is that different than an RROD or firmware and game updates and all that?

twesterm said:

The problem with PC is that not everyone who has a PC can play MW2 but everyone with a 360 can play MW2.

What about quadrapalegics who own 360s? they cant play MW2