By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was it worth going multiplat? Tekken 6

omgsamsungcode said:
i've turned my back on tk6 as a ps3 fan, im more sure of not buying this game at all
tk6 was one of two games(ff13 the other) that was boasted as a ps3 exclusive
tekken 6 is a complete let down, the series is now at a spiral downward position
the graphics are outdated which is a big disappointment as tekken games always out perform all games on the market in terms of visual for about a year after

proves how namco have not been working at all, studying profit had a serious effect on the game, it also caused them to loose a loyal fan....

the only namco game that still interests me is ace combat

How about Soul Calibur with all the sexy girls in shining armor?

Around the Network

Releasing Tekken 6 a year earlier as a PS3 exclusive would not of helped it at all. Tekken series is becoming stale and gamers have moved on. Tekken has had its day.

I returned Tekken 6 within a day because it was a terribly boring fighting game and it felt like it was Tekken 5. I expected much more from Tekken 6. The controls for this game were impossible to execute using the standard 360 controller. Only an arcade fighting stick could make this game playable. The graphics just looked like a slightly enhanced version of Tekken 5:DR. I did not play it online but the reviews on that are not good.

Dead or Alive 4, Soul Calibur IV, Street Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 5 are much better fighter games- IMO. The average reviews for those games are all higher than Tekken 6.

Dgc1808 said:

Should have stayed exclusive.

Would have came earlier and gotten better reviews because of that. I also think it would have sold more as an exclusive.

EDIT: Also like to add that TekkenDR sold over 2Million on the PSP... 

This

Also, the game is awesome. Stop being haters.

@kyliedog yea and added some actual dept to the game. Soul calibur was a huge let down when it came to it's story mode....

Check out my game about moles ^

You cant blame multiplatform for a genre being old and stale, thats like asking "If pac man was still exclusive it would of sold HUGE ammounts" in reality it wouldnt have.

Rob6021 said:
Do you guys think the same fate will await FFXIII? Both Playstation brand exclusives, Playstation 3 exclusive announced, multi-platform announced later on in development. I do seriously think FFXIII may have trouble right now, this game will need to blow everyone away to sell - Tekken didn't, and Tekken seems more tailored for 360's audience.

perhaps, but I don't think so

Look at GTA4 for instance, at a push RE5 too

some multiplats do just fine

I don't think Tekken6's problem is that it's multiplat, the problem is Tekken 6 itself.

even though I've got the special edition with the Jacket, I don't think I can wear it with pride

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Onyxmeth said:
KylieDog said:
They should have kept it exclusive and released it 18 months ago.

They should have released it two months before Soulcalibur IV? That doesn't seem all that smart.

Then they could have delayed SC IV and fixed the shitty issues with it.

Ah gotcha. So they should delay a game that got released on time because you feel it was unfinished, but on the other hand you wanted them to release another game of the same genre 18 months earlier than anticipated and you don't expect to get the same shoddy results, if not worse ones?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i wish it hadnt, BUT this gen these games need to go on both, o well more people get to play = WIN

kingpin785 said:

I remember a lot of playstation fans being pissed when tekken went multiplatform. Do you think it was worth it to make the game on both systems? It doesn't appear to be selling that well on the 360 at all. I can't help but to wonder if the game would have some of the issuse(like loading times, online lag) if was made for only one system. Ps3 or 360.

Tekken 6 on the 360 is at least doing better than Borderlands for the PS3.

Tekken has always been known for strong legs. So lets give it time.

Rob6021 said:
Do you guys think the same fate will await FFXIII? Both Playstation brand exclusives, Playstation 3 exclusive announced, multi-platform announced later on in development. I do seriously think FFXIII may have trouble right now, this game will need to blow everyone away to sell - Tekken didn't, and Tekken seems more tailored for 360's audience.

WTF is wrong with you? Tekken is tailored for everyone who is a fan of the game. That is pretty much it. I swear if the game isn't a PS3 exclusive you guys riot. This is the next step past Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, so I have absolutely no idea what youu're talking about.

Staude said:
Dgc1808 said:

Should have stayed exclusive.

Would have came earlier and gotten better reviews because of that. I also think it would have sold more as an exclusive.

EDIT: Also like to add that TekkenDR sold over 2Million on the PSP... 

This

Also, the game is awesome. Stop being haters.

@kyliedog yea and added some actual dept to the game. Soul calibur was a huge let down when it came to it's story mode....

It's funny you say this because saying the game should be exclusive is being a hater. Tekken 6 is an arcade game first and foremost and whatever system it goes on gets seconds. The Playstation brand might have had Tekken for a long time exclusively on consoles  but times have changed. Roll with it. This is why I cant wait to destroy every VGChartz PS3 fanboy in here on the PS3. Most of you guys aren't even real fans (not saying you, but most people talking about the game).