By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Offical October 2009 NPD Thread (4 weeks ending Oct 31)

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
@Darth, The PSP is making Sony more money than the PS3, why should I attack it. The Go probably cost $100 bucks to make, or less.

{shock horror}

Captain obvious....everyone knows that

BIG NEWS:

Despite a new model release &  a GRAN EFFING TURISMO, PSP sold below last years numbers in october

conclusion:

PSP should be "attacked" as something is clearly going wrong here

I think that it may be dropping because the PSP is soon to enter it's 5th year on the market. It won't raise YOY every single year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Ps3 spot on! Wii overtrack!
I really expected the Wii to be overtrack. I also think it will be overtrack again for this month.
Don't know why just a gut feeling.

Nonetheless great sales for the Wii and Borderlands.

Wii just can't beat itself.

darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
@Darth, The PSP is making Sony more money than the PS3, why should I attack it. The Go probably cost $100 bucks to make, or less.

{shock horror}

BIG NEWS:

Despite a new model release &  a GRAN EFFING TURISMO, PSP sold below last years numbers in october

conclusion:

Attack Sony then? They make the PSP, they price it. The PSP's biggest problem is software and I lay the balme on Sony for ignore it for long period of time.

The PSP is a great little machine, Sony just don't know what to do with it sometimes. Thank God FOR mOnster Hunter.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

this christmas may be a lot weaker than what people usually expect in xmas sales, economy is def taking its toll. many of the top hits for holiday shopping this year are rather cheap items... >___>

i just cant see video games, overall, performing very strongly this holiday...

wii being the only plat to go into a increase in october is a pretty bad tea leaf to read, and what if the price cut didnt hit? it wasnt even a huge rollback... HD systems grew by like 10k in sales vs 2008 october...and the overall pricedrops its taken to get these systems to do just these numbers...none of this is very impressive.

/debbie downer D:

Around the Network

Other Borderland numbers:

BORDERLANDS (PS3) 113,000
BORDERLANDS (PC) 15,000

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Soriku said:
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:

{shock horror}

BIG NEWS:

conclusion:

Attack Sony then? They make the PSP, they price it. The PSP's biggest problem is software and I lay the balme on Sony for ignore it for long period of time.

The PSP is a great little machine, Sony just don't know what to do with it sometimes. Thank God FOR mOnster Hunter.

The unfortunate thing is that Capcom said in their financial report that they were underwhelmed with MH Unite's sales in the West when they marketed it a lot in EU. They expected something insane though - 900k in one quarter. In JP it does well but in the West it just doesn't have any firepower.

They expected 900k out MH outside JAPAN, they are just crazy then, it's not popular outside of japan at all.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Anyone know how well Demon's Souls sold?

psrock said:
Soriku said:
psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:

{shock horror}

BIG NEWS:

conclusion:

The unfortunate thing is that Capcom said in their financial report that they were underwhelmed with MH Unite's sales in the West when they marketed it a lot in EU. They expected something insane though - 900k in one quarter. In JP it does well but in the West it just doesn't have any firepower.

They expected 900k out MH outside JAPAN, they are just crazy then, it's not popular outside of japan at all.

I even remember seeing an ads in the subway in Paris ...

Time to Work !

Nice for Uncharted, Bordelands and Nintendo. Quite curious about Demon's Soul that's my GOTY for the PS3. PSPGo looks kinda meh, and I guess it's time to give Ratchet a break.