By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps3 net browser is a joke..

I tried to go to gamespot site to watch Modern warware 2 review in hd...First it took me 6 mins to get in to that review,then I clicked on watch hd, took 3 mins for something to happen, then my Ps3 crashed..

While it took me 10 secs to go with my pc.

It has crashed around 1/20 times I have started net browser..

Its a joke, it can't be used.So why haven't Sony fixed this?

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Yeah, I used to use it quite a bit, but I stopped because I couldn't deal with the constant crashing...

I've noticed that it has a very hard time handling multiple pages.

As a feature, it's a nice checkbox to tick. As a functioning browser...well I'll stick to my PC or laptop, thank you.

why ride a bicycle if you own a car?

I don't use the browser. I have my Laptop next to me while I am gaming. The PS3 browser is a waste of my precious gaming time.

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
why ride a bicycle if you own a car?

because riding a bicycle is fun and good exercise?

@topic

I never use it either unless I need to check something super fast and my wife is using the computer.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

maybe they cant fix it. or maybe they feel it doesnt need to be fixed. a console browser seems a bit silly to me anyways. i dont see any reason to use one if theyve got a computer. (and if they dont, they likely wouldnt have the internet)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

But...but...it allowed the PS3 to have Facebook, Netflix, twitter, and everything else before the 360 along with things like Hulu!

(seriously though, yeah, it's nice of them to include it but it sucks and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves)

Yeah, the browser should only be used to check small things quickly... Like, to look up some quick information, or text. Otherwise, use the comp, or wait, if you can't handle the PS3's slow browser. I once spent 45 minutes making a post I could have typed in 5 minutes on the PS3, then, before I could push the "post" button, everything I'd typed mysteriously disappeared...

I use time to time to watch vids on youtube, crunchyroll, etc.

it's alright, I even used it on this site