By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Hotel Dusk Sequel on DS: Last Window

i just picked up the first hotel dusk game for free at gamestop for free. im hyped that there is an sequel to this game. but question before i start playing. is this game awesome?

Around the Network
akura said:
i just picked up the first hotel dusk game for free at gamestop for free. im hyped that there is an sequel to this game. but question before i start playing. is this game awesome?

Yes. And no.

It's got a clunky interface. At some points it can be hard to figure out what to do next. And worst-sounding of all, nothing really happens at the end of the day.

And yet it tells an engrossing and mature story, and it tells it well. You really shouldn't think of it as a game; as the cover says, it's an interactive novel. Treat it as such, and you'll love it.

The fact that Nintendo decided to push the first Hotel Dusk with a rare reprinting gives me hope that they will find this worthy of localization.

Don't let me down, Reggie, or I will lead an insurrection to replace you with somebody cooler, like Denise Kaigler.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
The fact that Nintendo decided to push the first Hotel Dusk with a rare reprinting gives me hope that they will find this worthy of localization.

Don't let me down, Reggie, or I will lead an insurrection to replace you with somebody cooler, like Denise Kaigler.

I would definately join you on tht mission

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Wildvine53 said:
famousringo said:

I would definately join you on tht mission

Don't do it guys; despite the facade he's put on lately, The Regginator will still kick your ass AND take your name. I know this firsthand!

Around the Network

...Wow. This is great. Never thought I'd see the day.

Although I hope the story warrants a sequel. No matter how much I loved the first one, I didn't really think a sequel was needed story-wise.

I've been waiting to hear this news for years, I will sleep easy.

Mr. Nice said:
 I didn't really think a sequel was needed story-wise.

How so? At the end of the game, nothing happened! Well, unless you got the full ending, but in that case nothing was explained at all.

famousringo said:

I, sir, approve this.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

*SPOILER* Yeah, he may not have found Bradley but he helped out all of those people, fullfilled stories i sense, n aand I think that was essentially what he came there to do when all was said in the end.  I really liked how Bradley told him not foolow him, and the ending kinda left it up for the fans to decide exactly what Kyle ended up doing in the end.  I really liked that ending in that situation.