By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone feel like gaming has passed them by?

Well yh like the title says.

I mean back in the PS1 gen everyone played RPG's, platformers, fighters and action adventure's.

PS2 gen the same but platformers became less important and shooters started getting a little bit popular

Now this gen it is all about shooters, shooters, shooters. Dont get me wrong i dont mind a FPS now and then but when 90% of the game i like this. I dont know dont you just get the feeling that gaming has passed you by.

All the genre's we used to love no-one cares about anymore. It has very rare i see a good platformer and RPG's the same. Fighter are already the way of the dodo and shooters are King.

When i see games Like MW2 get like 10mil sales in a week it just makes me sad. Where are these kinda sales for the epic platformers and everything else. I think i am still stuck in the 90's or something because i hate most games now a days. It isnt very often i come across a game that i enjoy. but back in the Megadrive days the was too many good games for me to play.

OK i will just shut up now because i am going on a bit too much now

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Listen

Shooters are popular. They have been popular for a long time.

There are plenty of games that are not shooters.

Last gen the market was filled with GTA clones and shooters. Now the GTA clones have slowed down but there's more shooters than ever.

erhhhhhh?

SMG, R&C, LBP, MGS4 (you can go without needing to shoot many people), TOV, LO, BD, Oblivion, Mass Effect, Dragon Age Origins.....maaaaaaany moooooore

& thats without the first FF/GT/Zelda this gen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, until the day platformers/rpgs totally disappear I won't complain. Shooters I must say have over saturated the market, I've played so many I have no desire to play one for awhile.

Around the Network

Na i aint bashing shooters i think they are cool. Its just that i dont like that having so many shooters has come at the expense of "killing" other very good genre's

I just feel like the gaming world has just left me behind. I must have missed something.

I dont really mind 3rd person. Buts its the FPS that get to me the most. I just dont understand why so many people can love them so much thats all. Especially when i dont really like them compared to other genres myself.

I guess its one of them. The gaming communities taste has changed to this over the top action FPS whilst i just sat back and watched them

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Actually, my favorite games are ones in which I get to shoot things. I feel the industry has passed me by (or rather I don't like the trends) in that I still prefer traditional control schemes to motion control and I still prefer single player to multiplayer.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Most of the games I love sell like shit. And with how expensive game development is, more aren't made.

Examples: Patapon, Locoroco, Uncharted 2, Demons Souls, R&C and a whole bunch more.

@patapon

thats what i'm saying man. It just does my head in big time. I just know in my heart that the games i like most will get even fewer and further between then what they are now.

Other genres are not big because they are dead, Shooters did not kill them, they killed themselfs.