By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New super mario bros Wii on metacritic.

BladeOfGod said:
also, some fanboys here should stop hating on MW2 just because it got better reviews than NSMB Wii

MW2 could get the best scores ever, i'd still not be interested... and NSMBWii could get tens of very low scores, it will never change anything to the fun it will give me... this is not a reason to call people fanboys, everything here is a matter of taste and preferences, and no one cares to know which is the "best" game: people are so different, it doesn't make sense to even compare such different games... same thing in music: an excellent record in a genre you don't like? You'll NEVER consider it the best of the year... same thing...

Now, what's annoying in many reviews, is that a Nintendo game may get slashed for being "too much of the same" (even after nearly two decades without any sequel), while most HD titles will never receive such critics, just because this year's episode is supposed to look better than the past episodes... there's a kind of double standard in the way games are reviewed these days, and that's becoming a problem... for those who still care about most critics opinions...

I don't care anymore, and that's why i only read reviews that don't try to compare Wii and DS games to games on other platforms, but just try to show me if they're amongst the best in the DS and Wii libraries, when compared to other titles "in the same league"...

After that, i have my own preferences, graphic styles or game genres i may like or not, and then i can make a decision: purchase at full price, in 2nd hand, rent only, or not care at all... and then have fun, alone or with my kids and my friends... and that, in the end, is the only important thing...

Not Metacritic, IGN or 1Up or Edge or Gametrailers or Kotaku or all the others... they can have their own fun with anything they want, i don't care: it's their life, their opinions, their tastes... not mine...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
also, some fanboys here should stop hating on MW2 just because it got better reviews than NSMB Wii

I'm pretty sure that most people accepted quite some time ago that there was no way NSMBWii was going to get a higher metascore than MW2.  I don't think anyone is losing any sleep or enjoying Mario any less because of this.

Furthermore, they are two very different kinds of game so it's not surprising that people who are interested in one of the games may not be very interested in the other.  Why do you assume this comes down to score envy?

psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:
Samus Aran said:
psrock said:

All the wii games I own have gotten amazing reviews and NSMBW has gotten lots of 9s and and a 10(it got A+ so it actually shouldn't translate to a perfect score, but that's how metacritic works =/)

Most of my wii games have over 90% on metacritic just to let you know.

The fact is a lot of these big stellar games don't deserve the reviews they're getting like GTA4... 

Try again.

Ps: I'm not a big fan of 2D games, so I doubt I'll even buy this game. Just saying And even if I will buy it then it won't be anytime soon as I have exams coming up soon and well(January)... It's a lot :(

So it isn't really "my" game. We'll have to wait for Metroid: other M and Super mario galaxy 2 for that.

So, the review system is fine for given the Wii games you like 9's and 10's , but the review system is also broken for given games on other system which you deemed stellar 9's and 10 as well?

How many Wii games do you own?

You should stop assuming things, I never said anything about wii games. I said something about big stellar games, the wii has those too you know... God it's like speaking to a rock.

I own Okami, Metroid prime 3, mario kart wii, zelda:the twilight princess, super smash bros brawl, super mario galaxy, soon metroid prime trilogy, the conduit(never played it).

My name is psROCK. Don't get defensive because I asked you a question.

I answered your question which you avoided now. And I know your name is psrock, it's called a joke. You assumed I was only talking about HD games, but I was talking about every game. Do you honestly think I trust a review of Nintendo magazine when they give NSMBW 100%? Like I said, no game should get something like that.

im fine with you people liking NSMB Wii more than MW2 but you dont have to say its overrated and say that is just a modern warfare 1.5 and that its not an improvement over COD 4 just because it got better reviews than NSMB Wii

BladeOfGod said:
im fine with you people liking NSMB Wii more than MW2 but you dont have to say its overrated and say that is just a modern warfare 1.5 and that its not an improvement over COD 4 just because it got better reviews than NSMB Wii

Maybe they're saying those things because they believe them to be true.  Perhaps it is not "just because" COD 4 got a better score than NSMB Wii. 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

this thread is about NSMB Wii and there is no need to bring other games into this thread

I've just updated it. 21 reviews with over 85%+, not too shabby.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

BladeOfGod said:

Of course MW2 got a better score.. Very few 2-D games in this day and age are going to earn over a 9 I'm convinced, all game journalists care about is 3-D nowadays. It could be the best Mario game and best 2-D game ever, and I'm sure it still wouldn't outscore MW2. There is a huge lovefest in the industry over HD graphics and horsepower, it's kinda ridiculous but it's reality..

its not ridiculous. maybe HD graphics actually matter to lot of people which is why over 59 million people bought HD consoles?

Games sell consoles, not graphics. I doubt most people are simply spending 300-500 bucks on those consoles just for graphics...