By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's support of Wii Speak

trestres said:
That has always been the problem. I rmemeber making a thread about the same subjext last year. Nintendo doesn't support their peripherals. Ever.

Wii Motion+ came out this year and we are not going to see another WM+ game from them in a very long time, possibly Zelda in 2011. But WM+ support will be endangered by their newest peripheral Wii Vitality. It's an endless circle, they release a peripheral and simply move on to the next one, leaving behind thousands of opportunities and pissed customers who find their investment was in vain.

Eh...I'm not so sure about that one. The Rumble pack and Expansion pack for the N64 was very heavily supported. Remember, Ocarina of time REQUIRED the expansion pack in order for the game to run.

Lately though, the peripherals haven't  been well supported....I agree.

Around the Network

They need to support it more!

The only game ive used wii speak was conduit ... and i know no one else who has wiispeak ... i got it with animal crossing wii ...

also dislike the fact that NO ONE can hear you unless on your friends list ... disapointing

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

They're not gonna make games to revolve around Wii Speak are they?
They can only add it to games that have online play. Only recent one was Excitebots.
Endless Ocean 2 is coming soon. It has online play and it will support wii speak.

Its a poor device. Poorly constucted, poorly inplimented, and poorly recieved. The Conduits use of WiiSpeak is absolutly atrocious. Its too expensive, has crappy support, and requires FCs to even work. The fact that so few people actually have the damn thing makes if hard to use along with FCs.

Around the Network

It's a victim of peripheral support. How often do peripherals ever take off. Sega once said that they were waiting to release a GC Motion control to make some games. Well the GC didn't get any Motion control. Nintendo made the right decision. They waited on it and refined it to a usable level. If the WiiRemote was released as a peripheral it would have failed.

Sony EyeToy is a peripheral and failed, but Natal is based on camera input(though more advanced). Peripherals even if good have a high chance of not lasting past the game it's designed for.

The Balance Board while awesome for snowboarding really is just the WiiFit controller.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Sempuukyaku said:
trestres said:
That has always been the problem. I rmemeber making a thread about the same subjext last year. Nintendo doesn't support their peripherals. Ever.

Wii Motion+ came out this year and we are not going to see another WM+ game from them in a very long time, possibly Zelda in 2011. But WM+ support will be endangered by their newest peripheral Wii Vitality. It's an endless circle, they release a peripheral and simply move on to the next one, leaving behind thousands of opportunities and pissed customers who find their investment was in vain.

Eh...I'm not so sure about that one. The Rumble pack and Expansion pack for the N64 was very heavily supported. Remember, Ocarina of time REQUIRED the expansion pack in order for the game to run.

Lately though, the peripherals haven't  been well supported....I agree.

no it didnt

Honestly I bought WiiSpeak day one hoping Nintendo and third parties would support it like Live does with headsets. I really loved the idea of community chat and couldn't wait to use it in Animal Crossing. I loved using WiiSpeak in Animal Crossing so much easier then typing everything. But as you said Nintendo just left it out to dry, Nintendo didn't do anything to get third parties to support it and other then HighVoltage has any third party actually utalized it in any way worth while? No they haven't where's WiiSpeak in ModernWarFare:Reflex. I also thought that WiiSpeak would appear on future Mario titles like MarioParty9 etc...etc... but in all Nintendo isn't giving it much support.

But in the end I like their support for the Balance Board, WiiFitPlus and a couple third party titles have rushed to support it. I would love to see Nintendo releasing some more games for it. Then you have MotionPlus which is actually going to appear in the next Zelda, so you never know maybe Nintendo will actually support the vitality sensor though I fear it will go the way of WiiSpeak!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I couldn't agree with you more.

Wii Speak, the Zapper, Wii Wheel, Natal, Wii Motion Plus, the Power Glove, Eyepet, the Balance Board, and all of the others don't get nearly enough support.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Not all peripherals get terrible support, even Nintendo ones. The N64 rumble pack got great support, I dunno what's going with motion+?