By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales (11/2 – 11/8)

Because Japan's holiday season starts in December, not November

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Lolwut at PSP GO sales @_@

ClaudeLv250 said:
ZorroX said:
@ClaudeLv250, when do you expect PS3 to go to sub 10k level in Japan? In which month?
And if it won`t go to sub 10k level, then what you gonna say?

PS3 is now affordable and cost only 29,980 yen. What are the reasons for PS3 to go to low levels, when it reached mass market price? Or price doesn`t matter for PS3 sales? That`s why PS3 still constantly outselling Wii since September?

ROFFLE! That's not mass market price and if the PS3 does drop back to10k levels I doubt you'll stick around to acknowledge it.

And don't people get tired of talking about PS3 "constantly outselling the Wii" and then being wrong for the rest of the year? We just went through this earlier in the year when the PS3 was "constantly outselling theWii" on the backs of games like Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5. And predictably itdropped right back to under 20k and suddenly all that arrogance deflated like a pathetic balloon.

So, you didn`t answer my questions, i see...
Also, are you saying that most these games, won`t be released on PS3 in 2010?

FFXIV, SO4 International, Front Mission Evolved, Yakuza 4, Ar Tonelico 3, Summon Night 5, Trinity: Zill'Ol, Nier, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, Super Street Fighter 4, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Sengoku Basara 3 (superior version), Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, Dinasty Warriors: Troy, First of the North Star, End of Eternity, FFXIIIv, White Album, Last Rebellion, Quantum Theory, RE5: Alternate Edition.

There are more games(GT5, TLG) to keep PS3 momentum in 2010, you know? You expect PS3 momentum to end? So i ask, when? In which month? And what you gonna say, if momentum will not end? Just have in mind, that PS3 is getting a lot of games in 2010. 

You're being unusually balanced Avinash. I like that. I really don't know what to think in regards to PS3 vs Wii in December. I think it's basically going to be a coin toss on how big of an impact NSMB, Graces and FFXIII will have.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Avinash_Tyagi said:
tedsteriscool said:
PS3 now the #1 choice home console in Japan? I think so.

Lets wait and see what happens when Wii gets some games

ZOMG WII HAS NO GAMWEZ

mM
Around the Network

@Soriku: Yes, it is, you even posted in the thread about it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64763

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tedsteriscool said:
PS3 now the #1 choice home console in Japan? I think so.

Lets wait and see what happens when Wii gets some games

ZOMG WII HAS NO GAMWEZ

None that are pushing hardware

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Those 3D Dot Game Heroes sales are abysmal. That must have been an incredible waste of money for From Software. Why do jrpg developers even bother releasing games with very limited appeal on hd consoles? Put these type of games on the DS or PSP. Unless you really feel like setting wads of cash on fire.

@Soriku: Yeah, that's right, looks like it was fake then.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

loves2splooge said:

Those 3D Dot Game Heroes sales are abysmal. That must have been an incredible waste of money for From Software. Why do jrpg developers even bother releasing games with very limited appeal on hd consoles? Put these type of games on the DS or PSP. Unless you really feel like setting wads of cash on fire.

the thing is they kinda expected demon souls kinda word of mouth success, though it may happen and the game get legs.

similar effect happen to demon souls which had abysmall first weeks.