By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warfare 2 will sell 3million on ps3 ALONE week one

Maybe he isn't that crazy. GTAIV sold 2.55 first week om PS3 and from everyone I have talked to that works at a Gamestop, Walmart, or Bestbuy has said it is selling a lot faster than GTAIV.

He might be really close on his prediction.

Around the Network

McClaren

yeap thats what i was thinking, get used to killuminati (psn ID) i have been called young darth, squliilliam, cgi and EVEN IOI

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

Pfft im saying 5 million on PS3 day one, and 2 million on 360 year one.

ps3 had 2.83 million pre orders alone, 360 had 3.18 million pre orders, it could be a 3m on ps3 and 3.5m on 360, for around 6 million week one for ps3 and 360, time will tell

nope, i think around 1.5 million is very possible , alone on the ps3 during week 1.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

1.5? no maybe day .5 sales

here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay  here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay here to stay

it won't but i wish it did.

Yeaaaaaa............/sarcasm

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

i know alot of ppl are disagreeing but that actually seems about right.

Lets put some objective evidence into this thread:

1 Nov America Pre-orders for PS3 = 650K

Add one more week of pre-orders with another 50K to give us 700K pre-orders for Americas.

Week 1 should achieve about 150% of pre-orders for PS3 in Americas (R&C ACIT did 153%, UC2 did 141%). 700K * 150% = 1.05 million in Americas.

MW1 launched in Others at about 77% of Americas launch. It's not unreasonable to assume the same %. A complicating factor is that MW1 lanched in Others later in the week. Others vs Americas Ltd for MW1 is 91% so let's roughly split the difference and make it Others will sell 85% of America's number. 1.05 million * 85% = 893K.

Japan is a bit of an unknown quantity but I'll give it 70K and I won't be so far off as to make any siginficant difference.

1050K + 893K + 70K = 2.013 million from launch day to WE 14 Nov. This ought to be close to the VGC number reported for the "week".

That leaves Sunday 15 and Monday 16 Nov sales to round out the first 7 days of sales. I'm thinking sales on these 2 days won't be 987K, possibly more like 100K. Add in a margin for error and I think we are looking at 2.5 million max for PS3 week 1. I think it will be less than that but I'm not an experienced game sales predicter.

The 3 million prediciton looks a bit optimistic to me.

You didn't hear it here first.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix