By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi is a fucking bastard lol

well, you got it , the thread is about a last interview with the GT5 creator

and the only thing I can say : TELL US THE TRUTH FUCKING BASTARD !

http://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-responds-to-gt5-track-editor-rumors/#more-4282

Yamauchi Responds to GT5 Track Editor Rumors 

Most of the Kazunori Yamauchi interviews from “mainstream” gaming sites are generally pretty weak, but I’ve got to hand it to IGN editor Ryan Geddes for asking some direct, important questions during his time with the GT series creator at SEMA. Although Yamauchi’s ability to talk his way out of specific answers remains strong, Geddes’ latest interview drew some interesting comments. Watch the interview above (look out for replay interior footage of J.R. Rocha’s G37), or keep reading for complete analysis of all the high points

The first highlight comes when Geddes tries to dig deeper into the often-debated “20 locations, 70 variations” comments regarding the number of tracks in Gran Turismo 5:

“As I mentioned before there will be 20 different types of scenery the game will be set in, and in those 20 different locations there will be 70 different layouts of tracks that will be available to play.”

As always, when evaluating quotes, remember to take the issue of translation into consideration. Regardless, “20 different types of scenery” appears to support a more narrow interpretation of the word “location”. Geddes continued digging deeper, addressing the track editor:

IGN: “Have you finalized plans for a track editor?
Yamauchi: “Things like that I can’t really discuss yet. This can be said about all the GT development. Until we’re very close to release we won’t have a finalized decision on a lot of things.”

IGN: “If there is a track editor, that will make your job easier, right? Because you can make fans design the tracks instead of your team.
Yamauchi: “[Laughs] A lot of the courses we set up, we take a long time fine-tuning the details and building the track, so it would probably be a bit different than the types of tracks the users will set up in the game.

The key word in Yamauchi’s response to the last question is, of course, “will”. I don’t want to focus on this too much (once again, within the context of translation), but it is an interesting word choice given the recent track editor rumblings… He also provided a hint at where Polyphony Digital is at in the decision-making process regarding dynamic weather and lighting:

“Technically it’s already possible to do in the game, it’s just how we’re going to have that have meaning in the game.”

It also seems Yamauchi got a chuckle out of the excitement and interest around the mysterious Gran Turismo 5 packaging which a GTPlanet reader originally noticed in a video by Mercedes-Benz:

“[Laughs] That’s something else we can’t really talk about yet, but I’m surprised at the level of detail everyone is focused on.”

Oh yes, sensei, we are focused!

Time to Work !

Around the Network

still not confirmed :)

Thread will probably be closed to cussing in thread title

ARF

no dont close it

it is just a joking thread title !!!!

Time to Work !

will and would be able to are pronounced very differently in japanese.

In the former case "will" is left out=
different than the tracks users (will) create in the game

In the case of the latter=
different than the tracks users would be able to create in the game

Maybe the translator was just really bad, but, to me, it proves that there is an editor because the two sentences are so dissimilar.

Around the Network

damn evil sony and their evil laughs

^ epic

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

LIBELLULE this is HUUUUUUGE NEWS

he basically confirmed it upto the 99% mark

Why such a terrible thread title?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, still 5 months left for the release in Japan. What did we know about MW2 in May?

I hate translations. I am not concerned about the track editor, but I would like the 20 sceneries/70 track layouts clarified. Also, the bit about the weather and day/night cycles could be detailed. I will patiently wait for this to be released.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.