By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews Modern Warfare 2!

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

Its called "Human Nature"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
I've officially have gotten to a point where I can't stand the review system.

Welcome to me 1 year ago after GTAIV.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

Call of Duty Sold Out.

Literally.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

ask Microsoft. Cyber Che Guevaras are everywhere.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The original scored a 9.4 in 2007 so a 9.5 in 2009 for Modern Warfare 2 should = one great game

PSWii

Around the Network

Wait... the Musical score was done by Hans Zimmer?

Geez i wonder what they paid for that.

KylieDog said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

The hating is on the review, not the game.

So the game has iffy graphics and isn't even 720p...so what.   However saying these quality of graphics is a perfect 10...bullshit.

I have the game (on PC) and the graphics are definitely up there with the best. Not quite Crysis or Uncharted 2 level, but probably the best looking multiplat game this generation. Maybe it's being judged by multiplat standards?

Kasz216 said:

What?! Hans Zimmer composes video game music?

Fab_GS said:
Kasz216 said:

What?! Hans Zimmer composes video game music?

That appears to be what IGN is saying.  Which is... well insane.

Then again by "Adaptive score" maybe they just mean that they liscensed his music for the game.

Either way that has to be expensive as all get out.

KylieDog said:
A 10 in graphics? What kind of bullshit is that, isn't even 720p.

Agree with this times a million, what a fucking joke. Modern Warfare 2 looks great, there's no doubt about that, but it is NOT a fucking 10. There are several PS3 exclusives that crap all over it, and even more PC exclusives.

Wanna know how ridiculous that 10 is? Killzone 2 got a 9.5 from IGN for graphics.

The review system needs an overhaul, some sites do it right, but too many, IGN included, fail hard.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d