By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Holiday Grudge Match MW2 vs NSMB

Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^I don't think anyone expects NSMB to challenge MW2's first day or week sales, but MW2 is going to be very frontloaded, while NSMB will be selling well for months, even years, heck NSMB DS is still in the top 50

CoD4 had monster legs

CoD WaW had awesome legs

Halo 3 had good legs

CoDMW2 will have at least legs like GTA4 (2.2 FW multiplier) or Halo 3 (2.7 FW multiplier) probably even better

360 version alone could easily reach 14 million sales, PS3 version 8 million and PC version 4 million

MW2 is going to not have the legs of the other games, its sales are going to be up front.

Also in order to sell 14 million on the 360, it would have to outsell Halo 3 by about 4 million, yeah, I don't see that happening

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TheThunder said:

"Well Sherlock we're talking about the holidays here and Reggie's bet (which I think run through Jan 10 as well) and MW2 360 will win both."

Maybe you should take your own advice for once, and what does the title and the OP says ?? here I'll help "Holiday".

Again, Reggie's comment is until the end of January, as I already pointed out, not january 10th, so you don't know what you're talking about, and again if you read the OP, BHR talks about Lifetime sales as well, so again you don't know what you're talking about

Jan 10 = January 2010 (Damn you are slow)

End 2009

1.Mw2 (360)
2. Mw2 (ps3)
3. NSMBWII

Also i really doubt NSMBWII will outsell Mw2 combined.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^I don't think anyone expects NSMB to challenge MW2's first day or week sales, but MW2 is going to be very frontloaded, while NSMB will be selling well for months, even years, heck NSMB DS is still in the top 50

CoD4 had monster legs

CoD WaW had awesome legs

Halo 3 had good legs

CoDMW2 will have at least legs like GTA4 (2.2 FW multiplier) or Halo 3 (2.7 FW multiplier) probably even better

360 version alone could easily reach 14 million sales, PS3 version 8 million and PC version 4 million

MW2 is going to not have the legs of the other games, its sales are going to be up front.

Also in order to sell 14 million on the 360, it would have to outsell Halo 3 by about 4 million, yeah, I don't see that happening

I already proved you wrong with GTAIV and Halo 3. They had the previous highest 1st week sales. There is NO reason why it should have worse legs.

Halo 3 will also gather some more sales until the 360 version of MW2 surpasses it.

MW2 end of holidays prediction:

360 - 8-9 million

PS3 - 5-5.5 million

PC - 2 million

Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

CoD4 had monster legs

CoD WaW had awesome legs

Halo 3 had good legs

I already proved you wrong with GTAIV and Halo 3. They had the previous highest 1st week sales. There is NO reason why it should have worse legs.

Halo 3 will also gather some more sales until the 360 version of MW2 surpasses it.

360 - 8-9 million

PS3 - 5-5.5 million

PC - 2 million

No you didn't, Halo 3 and GTA 4 didn't sell 7 million their first day, Halo 3 didn't even sell 4 million its first week, GTA 4 combined was little over 5.7 million its first week, so basically MW2 did almost twice as well as Halo 3's first week sales in a day and more than a million over GTA 4's first week sales.

@TheThunder, next time try using 2010, Jan 10 indicates January 10th, not 2010

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

NSMBW will have its work cut out to catch any of them. First day sales have kind of blown everything else away! No way of knowing if NSMBW will even catch any of them LTD. MW2 could conceivably reach 10m even on PS3.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

CoD4 had monster legs

CoD WaW had awesome legs

Halo 3 had good legs

360 - 8-9 million

PS3 - 5-5.5 million

PC - 2 million

No you didn't, Halo 3 and GTA 4 didn't sell 7 million their first day, Halo 3 didn't even sell 4 million its first week, GTA 4 combined was little over 5.7 million its first week, so basically MW2 did almost twice as well as Halo 3's first week sales in a day and more than a million over GTA 4's first week sales.

@TheThunder, next time try using 2010, Jan 10 indicates January 10th, not 2010

I was using ioi's projected 1st week calculations for my estimates: 360 - 5.5m; PS3 - 3.3m

Halo 3 sold 3.8m in its first week. 10.3m until today. -> 3,800,000*2.7 = 10,260,000

GTA IV sold 5.9m in its first week. 13.2m until today. -> 5,900,000*2.2 = 13,000,000

MW 2 will sell 10m in its first week:

A) GTA4 legs -> 10,000,000*2.2 = 22,000,000

B) Halo 3 legs -> 10,000,000*2,7 = 27,000,000

Platform breakdown was: 360 - 55%; PS3 - 33%; PC - 12%

A) 360 - 12.1m; PS3 - 7.3m; PC - 2.6m

B) 360 - 14.9m; PS3 - 8.9m; PC - 3.2m

Of course we know that PC legs are completely different than console legs. So that might differ a bit.

That's my point, you're not going to see the legs of Halo 3 and GTA 4 on MW2, most of those legs were just up front sales on MW2

Avinash_Tyagi said:
That's my point, you're not going to see the legs of Halo 3 and GTA 4 on MW2, most of those legs were just up front sales on MW2

And I'm asking you why ?

Wasn't the hype of Halo 3 and GTAIV not high enough ? LOL

Barozi said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

And I'm asking you why ?

Wasn't the hype of Halo 3 and GTAIV not high enough ? LOL

Well the reason I don't believe you'll see the same legs, is because of the sales of previous FPS's Halo 3 is the highest on a single console and MW1 is the highest combined, and neither gets anywhere near where you are saying MW2 will get, I could see maybe 15-17 Million LT sales for MW2, but when you say 20-26 million, it just doesn't seem likely, as they would have to beat pretty much every other FPS game on the PS3 and 360 and PC by a large margin to get there