By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website discussion. We got problems?

I am not sure whether everyone is experiencing the same difficulties I am. I gather the site has suffered some significant issues. Since last night I have gotten through to the site one time, and now the site seems to be totally reconfigured. Error 404 damn you to hell. Could anyone lay the scoop on me is the site being redesigned from scratch. I pray I am not looking at a finalized design. I have no borders and the pages are dominated by massive text, and an insane amount of white. Just curious if others have experienced the same difficulties, and whether this is the new design of the page.

Around the Network

I've had that error once or twice...pretty much because the site hadn't loaded all the way I assume.

We just switched hosts and everything last night, so that's why you're seeing these 404s and now there may be a few bugs...it shouldn't be that bad though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It messes up for me a lot too, sometimes it won't let me post, other times there's "Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/v/g/vgchartz/public_html/header.php on line 3" type crap written everywhere, and sometimes the site won't load at all (it just times out and when i hit retry it still doesn't work). Never had any problems before though, so if the hosts got switched around that must be it...

Isnt this the downtime Ioi warned against?

Hes changing servers isnt he?

I thought the switch was completed. After being seriously messed up, it was absolutely fine for about a day (?), and then it was inaccessible at work today. Now I can obviously use it, but there are MySQL errors at the top of the page and who knows what else.

And the Users Online counter reads 0 members, 0 guests.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I'm seeing the same things...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Final-Fan said:
I thought the switch was completed. After being seriously messed up, it was absolutely fine for about a day (?), and then it was inaccessible at work today. Now I can obviously use it, but there are MySQL errors at the top of the page and who knows what else.

And the Users Online counter reads 0 members, 0 guests.

I'm having the same issues. I got 404'd until about 10 pm CST.

Currently playing: Civ 6

I'm getting same issues, and had no access at work today. Kinda expected it, I've never heard of a smooth server transfer.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Same issues here. I thought the switch had already happened though. This is the first time in two days I've been able to get on. At first it was just coming up as an error, then a few times getting a totally white page with a few clickies(stuff like server crap). Last night and today it would start loading, then just sit there loading. This time I just let it sit and it eventually loaded. It took me 5 minutes just to get here to post this. That's not an exaggeration either. Took maybe two minutes for the site to come up, well over a minute for the website discussion board to load, then about two minutes for this topic to load. I'm posting this to make sure ioi and the mods are aware of the problem, as I can't wait 5 minutes to get to a single topic.

I come here multiple times a day and going a few days without vgchartz was pretty rough. Here's to hoping this gets fixed up soon. Until then, I'll be patiently waiting. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Most things seem back to normal now for me - but the site is running DEAD slow. Like 10x slower than what it used to be.

Sometimes even trying to access/load the PayPal button on the frame causes the load to pause... for up to 10sec.

(tried other sites, all running fast - so its not my connection :<)

Hoping these issues are temporary...?

(EDIT - and then sometimes its lightning fast, as it was after I posted this msg :?) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099