By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So you got interested in kingdom hearts because?

lestatdark said:
@Kasz216

Do you have a problem against the RPG fans in this site? It's not the first KH thread in were you discredit RPG fans.

I AM an RPG fan.  I'm not discrediting anyone.

I simply know why the majority of the KH games copies sold.

Around the Network

@Kasz216

It's funny, since I never known a single person who had the absolute truth about the facts. You may think it's that reason, yet it's still your opinion, no more valid than another person's opinion

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

well at least i know my compadres bought the game because it was ff/squaresoft game.

lestatdark said:
@Kasz216

It's funny, since I never known a single person who had the absolute truth about the facts. You may think it's that reason, yet it's still your opinion, no more valid than another person's opinion

It's not just an opinion.  It's more then that.  It's founded on facts and numbers.

I mean.  Here is something to consider.  Do you know how many JRPG series have sold over 5 million?

Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts.

That's it.  Despite there being plenty of RPG series that are just as good.  Do you know why?

There aren't more then maybe 1-1.5 million RPG fans.

Everyone esle who buys your Final Fantasy games, Pokemon or Dragon Quest games are fans only of that particular series and mostly like other genres.

To claim RPG fans bought a majority of KH games is a misnomer because there aren't even enough RPG fans out there to do that.

To claim FF fans bought a majority of KH games is to ignore where the sales of KH went vs FF12. 

To claim it wasn't Disney based is to ignore the commericials and marketing.

An informed opinion always should be valued more then one simply made on the whims of peoples prefrence.

I'm not discussing the facts with you all over again, since in the last thread I agreed with you.

I just think that your prepotence, hiding behind a cloak of facts that you manipulate for your own agenda is what really takes away from your reason.

Also, I enjoy the fact that you only consider RPG to be JRPG. I guess that Diablo, Fallout, Oblivion and other RPG's cannot be counted in your estimations.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

i bought it cause it had final fantasy characters, other than that i didn't bother.

lestatdark said:
I'm not discussing the facts with you all over again, since in the last thread I agreed with you.

I just think that your prepotence, hiding behind a cloak of facts that you manipulate for your own agenda is what really takes away from your reason.

Also, I enjoy the fact that you only consider RPG to be JRPG. I guess that Diablo, Fallout, Oblivion and other RPG's cannot be counted in your estimations.

What Agedna?  I don't even like Kingdon Hearts.

If you asked me what console i'd want it on.  I'd tell you all of them.  So I wouldn't have to put up with people whining after it was released.  Make it for the Wii then port it to ever console.  Or 360 exclusive.  So I could hear everyone complain... depending what kind of mood i was in.

As for western RPGs.

Why would WRPGs count in a discussion about KH?

The genre didn't even reach prominence until this generation when it comes to consoles.

Making the argument backwords.  Most WRPG fans seem to hate JRPGs.  (Note JRPG sales haven't gone up since WRPGs got popular, it's kinda acually been the opposite.)

Kasz216 said:
lestatdark said:
@Kasz216

It's not just an opinion.  It's more then that.  It's founded on facts and numbers.

I mean.  Here is something to consider.  Do you know how many JRPG series have sold over 5 million?

That's it.  Despite there being plenty of RPG series that are just as good.  Do you know why?

Everyone esle who buys your Final Fantasy games, Pokemon or Dragon Quest games are fans only of that particular series and mostly like other genres.

To claim RPG fans bought a majority of KH games is a misnomer because there aren't even enough RPG fans out there to do that.

To claim FF fans bought a majority of KH games is to ignore where the sales of KH went vs FF12. 

An informed opinion always should be valued more then one simply made on the whims of peoples prefrence.

well the trailer that really got me interested in kingdom hearts was deep dive, all disney marketing actually made avoid it after kh final mix was releasing.

the thing is KH psty FF one few RPG that sell alot, and many people here are saying the got it because of that.

RPG fans are generally FF fans, some are more niche and like persona or atlus, nippon ichi games.

but KH its CROSSOVER with final fantasy  main line RPG. FF 7 - 8 - 10, which have tons of fans. and they were part of good amount of KH sales. out 5 millions probably 2.5 were square enix followers-

though if you are comparing those niche RPG players that pick up games like persona 4, Gust RPGs, Disgea, or valkyria chronicles u are probably right.

but Final fantasy fanbase it's HUGE. it's not king of RPG for nothing.

that trailer reminds me an awful lot of FF Versus XIII Music...and it says XIII many many times (for organization XIII) and the battle sequence is virtually identicle in the begining...

FF Versus XIII IS Kingdom Hearts 3!

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Xoj said:
Kasz216 said:
lestatdark said:
@Kasz216

well the trailer that really got me interested in kingdom hearts was deep dive, all disney marketing actually made avoid it after kh final mix was releasing.

the thing is KH psty FF one few RPG that sell alot, and many people here are saying the got it because of that.

RPG fans are generally FF fans, some are more niche and like persona or atlus, nippon ichi games.

but KH its CROSSOVER with final fantasy  main line RPG. FF 7 - 8 - 10, which have tons of fans. and they were part of good amount of KH sales. out 5 millions probably 2.5 were square enix followers-

though if you are comparing those niche RPG players that pick up games like persona 4, Gust RPGs, Disgea, or valkyria chronicles u are probably right.

but Final fantasy fanbase it's HUGE. it's not king of RPG for nothing.

2.5 million is a very poor conclusion.

The numbers just don't show it.

Final Fantasy gets sales other games don't because it's named Final Fantasy.

The trailer could only be seen by those who were paying really close attention.

You really think 2.5 million people were paying really close attention?  That many?

Furthermore the selling curve of the game is nothing like a Final Fantasy game.  If it was atleast half bought by FF fans you'd expect Final Fantasy type sales.  IE   Huge upfront, very short legs.

That's not what happened.

KH1 sold like a New IP... In Japan the stronghold of Final Fantasy.

It sold less then 50% of it's sales week 1.  Final Fantasy games usually sell 2/3rds of it's games week 1.  It sold nothing like a FF game... your deluding yoruself if you think it did.

Look at the numbers instead of your own wishes.  Numbers are much less likely to lie to you.