By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

Getting it first thing tomorrow, or today technically. Pretty excited.

Does anyone else think the musical theme for the New Super Mario Bros. games really sucks compared to the themes for every previous 2D Mario game? It's not outright awful but it doesn't seem to have the longevity of previous themes.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network

yay...yes oh yes i have the game!! mu hahaha

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

You know what the best part is?

It keeps getting better.

Well that was the case in SMB, I would hope it continues here!

Seriously though, speaking seriously

4-3 is pretty tough!

Oh it does keep getting better.

World 5 is Heaven.

And it STILL keeps getting better.

Did you see World 2, 3 and 4?

Why do I get the feeling you've seen World 5 because just like me, you went to that stage near to first World 1 castle and hopped inside the cannon and got shot all the way there?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

burgerstein said:

Does anyone else think the musical theme for the New Super Mario Bros. games really sucks compared to the themes for every previous 2D Mario game? It's not outright awful but it doesn't seem to have the longevity of previous themes.

Agreed. Retrocore played most of the OST, and while it was pleasant, it didn't reach the catchiness of the previous ones. It's still servicable though.

One hour left for me!

noname2200 said:
burgerstein said:

Agreed. Retrocore played most of the OST, and while it was pleasant, it didn't reach the catchiness of the previous ones. It's still servicable though.

One hour left for me!

An hour, eh?

I think I will go out to Gamestop now.

Around the Network

I don't know why, but this box makes me feel stupid happy. Opening it up and seeing all th characters staring at me from on the disc?

Time to play with the wife. See you in the distant future, gentlemen.

Euphoria14 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

You know what the best part is?

It keeps getting better.

Well that was the case in SMB, I would hope it continues here!

Seriously though, speaking seriously

4-3 is pretty tough!

Oh it does keep getting better.

World 5 is Heaven.

And it STILL keeps getting better.

Did you see World 2, 3 and 4?

Why do I get the feeling you've seen World 5 because just like me, you went to that stage near to first World 1 castle and hopped inside the cannon and got shot all the way there?

We're talking about SMB3 man!!!  In New SMB Wii I'm only in World 2.  Didn't take the cannon.

World 4 is SMB3 was pretty damn awesome.

I can't beat world 8 though, it's too scary and hard for me. 0_o I'll try it again in a bit.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

A 7 Edge? Really, a 7? So on that scale, sex is what, a 4?

P.S. Really glad to hear the extra beat when your riding Yoshi.

noname2200 said:
A 7 Edge? Really, a 7? So on that scale, sex is what, a 4?

P.S. Really glad to hear the extra beat when your riding Yoshi.

GamesRadar gave it a 7 too...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."