By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie predicts NSMBW will outsell the 360 version of ModernWarFare2 !

Cross-X said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Cross-X said:
Lol no Modern Warfare 2 will smash NSMBW... WORLDWIDE!

Did you see what the actual comment was?

No shit man. Obviously. That's why after reading Reggie's comment, I reckon that MW2 will smash NSMBW worldwide on the 360 version alone at least up till January 2010. Hence why I posted my comment here. wtf man.

Well, considering over 70% of the 360 MW2 sales come from USA (just check sales of any FPS on 360, even MW1) and 60-70% of the NSMBW sales is going to be outside USA, USA presales tells very little of the worldwide sales.  In both europe and Japan NSMBW is going to smash MW2. For example in Japan 360 MW2 might not even reach 100k while NSMBW probably sells 3-4 million. So even if MW2 would outsell NMSBW 2:1 in USA, it might not be enough to outsell NSMBW worldwide. In USA MW2 is probably going to sell more but not worldwide.

Around the Network

MW2 will beat NSMBWii first week, but i don't see MW2 beating NSMBWii worldwide lifetime.. mario is just immortal, and whats with the comparison anyway?

Overall lifetime sales NSMB will beat Modern Warfare 2 for the 360. Sure modern warfare 2 will open better but lets not forget the NSMB for the DS is a few weeks shy of selling 20 million copies.

All consoles combined Modern Warfare 2 has a good chance of outselling NSMB Wii lifetime sales but 360 alone. NO

PSWii

love the new Zelda trailer! i was not going to buy it but now i am as it look really fun. why the hell do people not like NSMB? it will be awesome!! i guess people just do not like it when Wii owners get the good stuff, if it was on PS360 it would have been hyped through the roof :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Joelcool7 said:

So Geoff started talking to Reggie about ModernWarFare2 and questioning him about the over whelming success its supposed to achieve. We all know of the recent bet here on VGChartz the bet that NSMBW will reach 11 million in year one sales. Well Reggie was up to betting that NSMBW is actually going to out perform one version of the ModernWarFare2 release.

Geoff specifically mentions the 360 version and Reggie says if we count the holiday sales through January of both titles that NewSuperMarioBrosWii will actually outsell ModernWarFare2 on 360. Lets just be clear on this.

As of right now pre-order sales of ModernWarFare2  Versus Pre-orders of NewSuperMarioBros:Wii are as follows!

ModernWarFare2 (360) - 1,714,204

ModernWarFare2 (PS3) - 650,396

NewSuperMarioBros:Wii - 403,276

Do you think Reggie bit off alittle more then he can chew. I mean the 360 version of ModernWarFare2 is over quadroople Mario!

Is it even possible for NewSuperMarioBros to beat ModernWarFare on PS3 who is one third larger in pre-orders?

Whats your thoughts can the Regginator succeed in his bet?

You're assuming most people who will buy Mario are bothering to preorder, I'm not, I'm just going to wander into a store on release day and pick it up

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
woopah said:
i like how reggie didnt talk down MW2 just because it wasnt on his console

It wasn't even the "worthy opponent" kind of talk. He genuinely complimented the game, and said it would do great, and be great.

Of course he wouldnt talk down MW2 because he's hoping there'll be a MW2 Reflex for the Wii ^___^

Some earlier games released in this time period, for perspective:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=America&game2=Call+of+Duty+4:+Modern+Warfare+-+X360&reg3=America&game3=Call+of+Duty:+World+at+War+-+X360&weeks=11

Obviously Modern Warfare 2 will see higher frontloaded sales than its predecessors, though I'm sure NSMB Wii will do far better than Galaxy, as well. Still, we're probably talking near 5mil in 11 weeks. It'd essentially need to open like Brawl/MK (1mil+ week one), on top of its (expected) large holiday boost.

By January, the sales of MW2 should have dropped off while NSMB will likely still be going strong, which is why Reggie wanted the Jan NPD as well

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

modern warfare 2 will crush it step on it keep stepping on it and step on it again all the way til january...with the ps3 price cut and already established franchise on the 360 u cud expect both consoles to do very well upcoming holiday but no doubt mario will sell all the way to next year and will most likely take over sooner or later

I'd be shocked if that didn't happen. Pre-orders don't really tell us much in this case: Modern Warfare's pre-orders will be a large chunk of its total sales this year, while Mario's preorders will make up a much smaller percentage of its total.