By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 11/06

Awesome, PS3 will lead this week, and the damage control will continue to spew

Guys, get used to it, the Japanese have realised the Wii is not a gaming system!

Around the Network

@jarrod: How are they not relevant? They are games from Japanese oriented IP's made by Japanese devs or published by them. And that's my point, the amount of support 3rd party devs are giving the Wii vs the PS3.

So far the PS3 has better support, it's not a DS vs PSP support, because clearly the DS has better support than the PSP. In any case, PSP would be Wii and PSr the DS going by that analogy.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@jarrod: How are they not relevant? They are games from Japanese oriented IP's made by Japanese devs or published by them. And that's my point, the amount of support 3rd party devs are giving the Wii vs the PS3.

So far the PS3 has better support, it's not a DS vs PSP support, because clearly the DS has better support than the PSP. In any case, PSP would be Wii and PSr the DS going by that analogy.

I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying Wii vs PS3 should look more like DS vs PSP, or WiiWare vs PSN.  Not that it does, it obviously doesn't, and PS3 (and 360 as a byproduct) are still somehow holding on to most legacy support.