By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 11/06

oh i was kinda off doing it all on memory but i finally found the numbers, mario and sonic sold 13k first day and 66k first week.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

is ther something nintendo can do about all theese flops? hopefully the games develop some legs but the developers are the must hurt in this situation, and if this keeps up, even with larger install base they will star pulling their support for the system.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

@dano: That's already happening.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i wouldn't be so quick to call it a bomb, if it follows the same pattern as the first one it will sell 400k. Not saying it will for sure but you have to consider past trends. It's not exactly a new IP, i mean it's mario and sonic...

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

That's first day sales... do you really expect people lining up for mario and sonic???

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

hmm.. WE10 might top 200k first week making PES10 a million seller this week (next week of data)

Infamous gets very close to the million WW with this additional 12-16k as well

3D Dot Game Heroes performs roughly like I expected, for the "hype" seemed to be stronger in the west than it ever was in Japan

go PES

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
go PEE

Why would anyone want to do that just because you told them to ?

trestres said:
@dano: That's already happening.

Care to give examples?

Winning Eleven 2010 PS3 142000 53%
Nice, over 200k first week. Also with some bundles, PS3 will be probably at 40k+.

Sadly, 3D Dot Game Heroes 7700 38% bombed. I expected it to sell 100k LTD in Japan. Now it will be hard to do that, unless it will have good legs.

Infamous 10000 46%
Well, compared to uncharted 2 not so great.

Mario Sonic 7800 10%
Wow, real bomba. I expected it to sell atleast 300k and sell some Wii. But so far, after Super Robot Taisen Neo it looks like not many games can move Wii HW.
Next week is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers.