By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Halo Reach Images

disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:
Halo Reach...graphics king...no...sales and FPS king...YES!

I agree with the blue part. However, I disagree with the red part. A game that can challenge its sales is Gran Turismo 5.

He left out Multiplayer and Fun Factor king as well...for and FPS at least.

noa ctually sales king = modern warfare 2

but who cares HALO >>>>> Modern Warfare & COD imo

Halo is just really fun.....for me anyway (when I played it at my friends house)

I find it more fun than the COD/Modern Warfare games

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

I agree with the blue part. However, I disagree with the red part. A game that can challenge its sales is Gran Turismo 5.

Halo is just really fun.....for me anyway (when I played it at my friends house)

On a single platform? Are you sure about that? I have my doubts...

huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

If you say...looking at past GT games and the PS2 install base at the time....I'm not seeing it, but maybe I'm wrong.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

disolitude said:
darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

I can't be certain ofcourse

but if MW2 does 17 million like pachter & even ioi said is possible

then the 360 version will at the least sell like 10 million

with the PS3 version doing 7 million?

It could even be 11 million -- 6 Million (the split)

Halo Reach won't be seen as a "HALO 4"...so its sales will be less than Halo 3 most probably

Its open to speculation, basically depends on how MW2 does, is it really the GTA type sales monster everyones thinking it is

disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

Indeed. I've had loads of good fun playing the MP through system link with my buddies back in school when the first Halo launched.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
heruamon said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

If you say...looking at past GT games and the PS2 install base at the time....I'm not seeing it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well, Gran Turismo 3 launched only a year after the PS2's launch, and look where it is now. Given that all GT games have had sales around 10 million, one can assume that the game has a very strong fanbase. I'm not sure if GT still has the steam from the PS2 and PS1 games, though, either. That's why I want GT5 to release already. If the game does less than 8 million LTD at least, I'm going to be shocked.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

Halo Reach won't be seen as a "HALO 4"...so its sales will be less than Halo 3 most probably

Its open to speculation, basically depends on how MW2 does, is it really the GTA type sales monster everyones thinking it is

I had the pleasure of playing COD:MW2 at my freinds place...I see a lot of bitching on the forums about the campaign due to it being exactly the same as MW1 and WaW to some extent.

Obviously the game will sell huge out the gate and MP will be excellent and provide legs...but it willl be interesting to see how it does compared to MW1. I don't think it will do much more to be honest. If you put them side by side, you really can't tell them appart (campaign) unless you played them before.

But youre right...Halo Reach may not sell that well either...maybe Halo 3 and MW1 is the sales peak for FPS games. Who knows what future may bring...

I hope for similar experience as halo 2, which in imo is better than halo3. I play halo 3 alot, but i liked the aiming and the maps better in halo 2.

disolitude said:
darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
darthdevidem01 said:
disolitude said:
huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

I had the pleasure of playing COD:MW2 at my freinds place...I see a lot of bitching on the forums about the campaign due to it being exactly the same as MW1 and WaW to some extent.

Obviously the game will sell huge out the gate and MP will be excellent and provide legs...but it willl be interesting to see how it does compared to MW1. I don't think it will do much more to be honest. If you put them side by side, you really can't tell them appart (campaign) unless you played them before.

But youre right...Halo Reach may not sell that well either...maybe Halo 3 and MW1 is the sales peak for FPS games. Who knows what future may bring...

exactly

In august, I didn't think MW2 would do more than MW1 (COD4)....but now after hearing pre-order sales n stuff I think it might

who knows what will happen

It's going to be interesting...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder