By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Halo Reach Images

I believe the engine bungie have created will be able to make games that beat KZ2 in graphics etc when used by someone who wants to make a realistic looking game. For Reach it wont because of the Halo are direction.

It seems people have got the wrong idea of what bungie are doing with regards to the graphics.
"It is noted that while, as the title implies, ODST is built upon the Halo 3 engine, Reach is going to be a from-the-ground-up new experience, representing a major step forward in engine technology and a complete reinvention.

"Reach will be a full three-year cycle -- it's got all-new tech, akin to the change from Halo 2 to Halo 3," Jarrard said. "

From the bungie site
"Demonstrate technical excellence and lead by example while working with our team to code the fastest, cleanest graphics engine ever seen on this or any other planet."
http://www.bungie.net/inside/jobs.aspx#job12960

And this
"Ever since the news of a new engine being employed by Bungie there has been huge speculation on its nature and platform of content that it will incorporate Steve Theodore (Technical Director) at Bungie has spent the last two years on “Researching new graphics tech and helping to evangelize it within the team.”
http://www.skoar.com/features/games/halo-reach-revelations-new-engine-legends-explores-reach.html?Itemid=48

All bungie (as far as i'm aware) have said is that they are working on a new engine and Reach will be finally be Halo in HD. Nowhere have they said it will have the best graphics.
If anyone has said that I'm betting it's 360 fanboys or MS PR (same thing) or maybe started deliberately by PS fanboys to create unrealistc expectations so they can knock it when it doesn't live up to the hype

That last bit was a joke. I was on N4G recently and that's one of their excuses for PS overhype.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:
I dont think the console version of crysis 2 is gonna beat any of halo reach or alan wake or any of god of war 3 or heavy rain or uncharted 2 etc.... crytek is not familair with the arcitecture of consoles so it wouldn't effiecently use the consoles power.

Have you seen the Cryengine 3 running on consoles?

yes, alan wake massively beats it in lighting and in cloth details, the cryengine 3 for the xbox 360 is f***ing retarded, It can't be compared to alan wake, halo reach, uncharted 2 etc....... in the demo when they shot the water it was like gears 2, you know when you shoot  the water in gears 2 and from that impression i think that its good engine but can't be compared to the halo reach or alan wake engine.

ofcourse thats my opinion.

elticker said:
huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:
I dont think the console version of crysis 2 is gonna beat any of halo reach or alan wake or any of god of war 3 or heavy rain or uncharted 2 etc.... crytek is not familair with the arcitecture of consoles so it wouldn't effiecently use the consoles power.

yes, alan wake massively beats it in lighting and in cloth details, the cryengine 3 for the xbox 360 is f***ing retarded, It can't be compared to alan wake, halo reach, uncharted 2 etc....... in the demo when they shot the water it was like gears 2, you know when you shoot  the water in gears 2 and from that impression i think that its good engine but can't be compared to the halo reach or alan wake engine.

Odd...but to each, his own. It all depends on Crysis 2 on consoles, then.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:
huaxiong90 said:
elticker said:

Odd...but to each, his own. It all depends on Crysis 2 on consoles, then.

quate me on that but the xbox 360 version of crysis 2 isn't gonna look better that halo reach or alan wake.

Halo Reach will have the best graphics ever !!

Want to bet ? Its Bungie baby and they are the best !!

Around the Network

I want to play ..now