By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima A "HUGE Fan" Of Twilight (Yes the one thats a movie) -- WHAAAAAAT!!

This explains a lot.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

@iblah

YAY.....be happy that your not alone in the way you are now

@all

why was soriku banned?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@lolita

Words cannot describe how much I hate you now. I was pretty certain the term you used should be Cannon Sue or something similar since it made it into the main story rather than fan fiction. So I innocently wander over to tvtropes.org and look around convinced I could stop myself. 3 hours later and I haven't gotten half the paper work done that I needed to. God damn you, and damn tv tropes.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Kojima likes Twilight?

Well, that explains why Snake doesn't have a penis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

lolita said:
I am so disgusted that he likes Twit-I mean-Twilight. For those asking what's wrong with the books and movies, here's a list:

-The writing is not very good, on level of a fanfiction written by a tween. It, overall, portrays an unhealthy relationship between a young girl and a psychologically abusive boyfriend as if it were normal. SICK!

-The main character is simply a Mary-Sue. Her only "flaw" is that she's clumsy and it's not even much of a flaw. Somehow everyone is interested in her, for no apparent reason. She has little to no interests except for fitting with a clique of people, just cause they look mysterious and pretty. YAY!

-The Vampires aren't even what you'd call vampires. They don't kill people or drink their blood. The Sun doesn't affect them, in fact they (prepare yourselves) SPARKLE, yes like fraking pixies. How rediculous is that? Hence this is why many people REFUSE to call them vampires and chose the more appropriate name sparklepires.

-The reason the series worked so much is the little sexual tensions (don't kid yourselves, there's no sex, it's about abstinance) and Edward is handsome. Also, since Bella-Sue has little to no personality, it's easy to imagine you're her. In a way, SMeyers knows what tweens like to read and that's why her books sold so much, not because they're good.

-Speaking of Edward, he's the most freaky bf ever. He's abusive, obcessive and a total stalker. He follows her around, sneaks into her bedroom to watch her sleep and hides into her closet... OMG THAT'S HAWT! Not. What kind of message does that send to girls? That this kind of relationship is normal and you deserve guys like that? DISGUSTING!

There's many other things that are wrong with it and that's just with the first book. Some stuff in the other ones are even worse but I won't talk about it, in case some people actually want to read them. Just by a quick Google search, with tags like "twilight sucks" or "twilight hate", you can find many lists of reasons why the books and movies are horrible.

This and much more(but the girl in the movie was pretty anyway xD)

Also, as someone said, I am a male, if a movie is not VERY VERY good, I expect violence and gore to entertain me. The movie wasnt a masterpeice(I like love stories when they are good) and didnt entertain me.

The sad part is that Im sure Ill end up watching the next ones like I do with the harry potter movies, but this time Ill just download them.

Around the Network
lolita said:
I am so disgusted that he likes Twit-I mean-Twilight. For those asking what's wrong with the books and movies, here's a list:

-The writing is not very good, on level of a fanfiction written by a tween. It, overall, portrays an unhealthy relationship between a young girl and a psychologically abusive boyfriend as if it were normal. SICK!

-The main character is simply a Mary-Sue. Her only "flaw" is that she's clumsy and it's not even much of a flaw. Somehow everyone is interested in her, for no apparent reason. She has little to no interests except for fitting with a clique of people, just cause they look mysterious and pretty. YAY!

-The Vampires aren't even what you'd call vampires. They don't kill people or drink their blood. The Sun doesn't affect them, in fact they (prepare yourselves) SPARKLE, yes like fraking pixies. How rediculous is that? Hence this is why many people REFUSE to call them vampires and chose the more appropriate name sparklepires.

-The reason the series worked so much is the little sexual tensions (don't kid yourselves, there's no sex, it's about abstinance) and Edward is handsome. Also, since Bella-Sue has little to no personality, it's easy to imagine you're her. In a way, SMeyers knows what tweens like to read and that's why her books sold so much, not because they're good.

-Speaking of Edward, he's the most freaky bf ever. He's abusive, obcessive and a total stalker. He follows her around, sneaks into her bedroom to watch her sleep and hides into her closet... OMG THAT'S HAWT! Not. What kind of message does that send to girls? That this kind of relationship is normal and you deserve guys like that? DISGUSTING!

There's many other things that are wrong with it and that's just with the first book. Some stuff in the other ones are even worse but I won't talk about it, in case some people actually want to read them. Just by a quick Google search, with tags like "twilight sucks" or "twilight hate", you can find many lists of reasons why the books and movies are horrible.

I waded through the whole thread to find a good evisceration of Twilight. Thanks for taking care of that. I was beginning to think that I'd have to settle for that puke-worthy romance passage that Khuutra linked to. I actually like a little romance in my novels, but shitty writers should know better than to even try.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

I waded through the whole thread to find a good evisceration of Twilight. Thanks for taking care of that. I was beginning to think that I'd have to settle for that puke-worthy romance passage that Khuutra linked to. I actually like a little romance in my novels, but shitty writers should know better than to even try.

Yeah well how about this:

Stepheie Meyer makes millions and millions of dollars writing Twilight

@lolita awesome post

I guess Kojima has the same tastes as a teenage girl confirmed?

Khuutra said:
famousringo said:

Yeah well how about this:

Stepheie Meyer makes millions and millions of dollars writing Twilight

Meh. I'd never get anything done if I allowed myself to get worked up every time somebody made a million dollars for doing something I think is stupid.

All this talk of bad books is making me want to ask my sister for an antidote, but since half her books are boxed up, the other half are disorganized, and she herself is going in for surgery in a couple hours, I might just have to read a pulpy Doc Smith book on my iPhone. Even that old hack wrote better romance than Meyer.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Saw the Twilight movie a few days back. Man, it was complete and utter shit. It was worse than GI Joe and that says a lot...