By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Brand FINAL SHOWDOWN!!! PS1 vs SNES.....

PS1, I never got to play as many satisfying SNES games.

Around the Network

PS1...SLIM...

Snes by a long shot! But PS1 will probably win considering the makeup of the community here

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

SNES

For me, just definitively the greatest console of all time.

Brawl FC: 0473 - 7465 - 0612

SNES.

The "16-bit era", i believe, has the best games and introduced/expanded on many features that made games great to begin with.

Examples:Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, Star Fox, Super Mario World, Terranigma, Mega Man X-X3, Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Gradius III, ActRaiser, Pilotwings, Street Fighter II, Secret of Mana, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, F-Zero, 7th Saga, Super Metroid.

Overall, i have had great experiences with both consoles, but the edge i give to the SNES.

Looking @ this makes me feel old...PROUD owner of NES, SNES, GENESIS, TurboGrafx 16 (PCE), N64, PSOne, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox360, and PC.

Around the Network

I owned more Saturn games than ps1 games.

I owned more Megadrive games than SNES games.

MD and SNES shared some games................ SAT and PS1 shared some games.

Based on exclusives back then, my fave 2 for PS1 were Ridge Racer type 4 and Metal Gear Solid.

My Fave 2 games on SNES were Super Mario World and Killer instinct.

Well, for me Super Mario World and Killer Instinct are Stronger combined than MGS and RRT4.... sooooooo

My vote goes to the Super Famicom Entertainment System.

Besides, i Voted for the Sega Megadrive in the Sega section, and as i said, SNES and MD shared quite a fair few fantastic 2D games.

Also, thanks to the SNES i got to play Street Fighter 2 in my very own home as opposed to the arcades for the very first time, that was phenomenal back then.

I'm a big fan of both consoles, but the edge goes to the SNES. The strength of the library, combined with the fact that the games in many cases have aged better then PS1 games pushes it by the PS1.

SNES - Easy choice

This is so easy, SNES.

and what is with all the don'ts? way to suck the fun out of voting.

CGI-Quality said:
angrypoolman said:
This is so easy, SNES.

and what is with all the don'ts? way to suck the fun out of voting.

I'm assuming you don't want your vote to count.

of course i want my vote to count. i didnt break any rules, did i? =/