By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP Go - First Day Sales

Yeah jarrod, THATS A FANTASTIC IDEA! LETS SELL OUT OF OUR SHIPMENT RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS AND BE SUPPLY CONSTRAINED AND RUIN OUR SALES POTENTIAL!

YAY! BRILLIANT!

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Yeah jarrod, THATS A FANTASTIC IDEA! LETS SELL OUT OF OUR SHIPMENT RIGHT BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS AND BE SUPPLY CONSTRAINED AND RUIN OUR SALES POTENTIAL!

YAY! BRILLIANT!

No.  Brilliant would be selling out the first shipment in 2 weeks, then doing another shipment as needed based on demand.  Like everything else.

It's definitly not undershipped. It's hard to tell if it's overshipped because you don't know what Sony's plans were.

jarrod said:
letsdance said:

YAY! BRILLIANT!

No.  Brilliant would be selling out the first shipment in 2 weeks, then doing another shipment as needed based on demand.  Like everything else.

Are you joking? That's fine for something like mid year launches but not for the holidays. Example Ps3 and 360 launches.

jonop said:
It's definitly not undershipped. It's hard to tell if it's overshipped because you don't know what Sony's plans were.

If Sony's plans were 1-2 shipments this year, then they're golden.   Retailers wouldn't be too happy about that, but then retail's pretty much hated Go from the outset.

Around the Network

I bet Sony ships some more in 2 weeks time. Stop trolling.

letsdance said:
jarrod said:
letsdance said:

YAY! BRILLIANT!

Are you joking? That's fine for something like mid year launches but not for the holidays. Example Ps3 and 360 launches.

You understand how retail works, correct?  How shelf space works?  How the holidays in Japan work?

letsdance said:
I bet Sony ships some more in 2 weeks time. Stop trolling.

Oh, I can imagine some tiny retail specific shipments coursing through the channel.  But with sellthrough this low at launch, it's going to be next to nothing in the wider scheme.

I bet by year's end, PSP Go sales are still south of 250k.

I'll take on that bet. If I win you never post again. If you win I never post again.

letsdance said:
I'll take on that bet. If I win you never post again. If you win I never post again.

This isn't neogaf.