By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP Go - First Day Sales

Needs to be more mod controll in here. 29k sales in 1 day is solid. That would be about 40-45k the first week and the PSP's sales up to 70k in Japan and about 180k WW.

I wouldn't say this is directed towards a different demographic. It's still directed at people interested in the PSP. It's a different option for consumers allowing them to decide what they want to purchase. Just like the TV example someone brought up. No one would expect a new model of a TV to raise sales... so why is the go any different for you people?

Honestly, I wouldn't know why Sony put their proections so high. When they announced this I never saw it increasing PSP sales. I saw this as people who were going to buy one already decided to go with the premium model instead. Same weekly sales with a percentage of them being Go!

My best guess for this would be that they plan on cutting the price before FY is over. But if that happens you know people will be like "OMG PRICE DROP CONFIRMS GO IS A DROP!" Even though I have been saying all along I full expect Sony to make money on the early adapters for christmas with the higher price tag instead of more sales but less money and then drop the price later. But I expected them to do it in April for the new FY to make their FY look better...

Around the Network
letsdance said:

Needs to be more mod controll in here. 29k sales in 1 day is solid. That would be about 40-45k the first week and the PSP's sales up to 70k in Japan and about 180k WW.

I wouldn't say this is directed towards a different demographic. It's still directed at people interested in the PSP. It's a different option for consumers allowing them to decide what they want to purchase. Just like the TV example someone brought up. No one would expect a new model of a TV to raise sales... so why is the go any different for you people?

Honestly, I wouldn't know why Sony put their proections so high. When they announced this I never saw it increasing PSP sales. I saw this as people who were going to buy one already decided to go with the premium model instead. Same weekly sales with a percentage of them being Go!

My best guess for this would be that they plan on cutting the price before FY is over. But if that happens you know people will be like "OMG PRICE DROP CONFIRMS GO IS A DROP!" Even though I have been saying all along I full expect Sony to make money on the early adapters for christmas with the higher price tag instead of more sales but less money and then drop the price later. But I expected them to do it in April for the new FY to make their FY look better...

^ this.  Unbiased, quality thinking.

BTW - I just woke up so some of that doesnt make sense. It should say PSP Go is a flop. and Projections.

I came for the numbers but the fight that broke out was much more interesting.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

letsdance said:
BTW - I just woke up so some of that doesnt make sense. It should say PSP Go is a flop. and Projections.

Needs more fantasy conjecture.

Around the Network

That's pretty low

Eh. In Japan this is very low for a redesign, twice this would be a decent amount. It's actually below my expectations and I didn't expect the Go to be a hugely successful redesign.

@letsdance. People saying sales numbers are disappointing, on a site based around sales, doesn't require mod control. It's exactly the type of thing people are meant to say.

FFail....Soriku got banned? Wtf

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I think it's quite impressive.