By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Legend of Zelda RACIST?

sc94597 said:
@scruffybunny The author obviously isn't very educated. Spaniards ARE White.

Is it so bad to not be considered white?

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:
Ganon is dark green not black, paranoid indeed.

I thought he was blue.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
They're not black. They're gypsies and pirates.

Damn gypsies, they kindapped my great grandpa.

Just kidding... well about damning a group of people

Gypsies actually did kidnap my great grandpa... though they let him go like a day later.  I guess realizing they really couldn't get anything from him.  I dunno.

darthdevidem01 said:
Cheebee said:
Well, at the start of the article it clearly says it's only meant to entertain and should not be taken too seriously. :p So, yeah, who cares. If Zelda is racist, so is almost every gaming franchise out there. You can find something racist in anything, if you dig deep enough. :p

Final Fantasy  isn't racist

Aside from the fact that there are practically no black people... and the few there are are blatant stereotypes. (Two?  I mean there is Barrett who was just Mr. T and then this new guy who really looks like a stereotype in anycase.)

Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony aren't racist they just follow the ILLUMINATOS instruction Blacks vs Whites or Juda Vs Christ Vs Muslums Vs other believes and religions.

Around the Network

Oh, also people should note... that all these "White" people are really Japanese.

You'll know if someone is supposed to be American if...

1) They constantly say Baby!

2) They talk about Hamburgers a lot.

3) They drive a trunk.

4) They have an American Flag as part of their outfit

While if they're supposed to be any other sort of white... search for a bad accent... though even then they may be japanese with a bad english or french accent since nobody knows how to translate "royal" japanese speak.

ZELDA racist or not WE LOVE YOU.

I definitely do not find any of the Zelda games even slightly offensive...that's a bit ridiculous. Now FFVII on the other hand, that's also ridiculous. I mean, Barrett is unable to use proper grammar in a single sentence? That just has stereotype written all over it and it's very unfortunate.

scruffybunny said:
sc94597 said:

Of course not, but racially the Spanish are similar to other European nations. Defining otherwise, makes very little sense.

sc94597 said:
scruffybunny said:
sc94597 said:

Of course not, but racially the Spanish are similar to other European nations. Defining otherwise, makes very little sense.

So all of Europe is white now?