By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Superior Gaming Setup

Oh and that Survivor DVD Box makes it all so better.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
Munkeh111 said:
Wow, I have to say, now that everything has loaded I am impressed. Are those mini-consoles on the top of that cabinet? I think sooner or later I will have to get something like that as I can't keep getting more and more racks

lol, yea, i love those mini consoles.

yea, i am lucky to find the dvd shelves that i did. they were made by students in berkely, and they ship them out to random stores. you can keep more games in a more condensed space with them. it all depends on what you are going for really. if you dont plan on having a shit load of games, what you have is fine, but if you have a lot then you might just want to get a shelf.

Yeah, I definitely need to expand, it is just where to find some of those shelves in the UK. I have shelving, but it is too deep to be completely practical. Your way also has the advantage of allowing you to store CEs with the rest of the games

dude, munkeh, me and you have the same mass effect poster. you cant see it from the pics i have posted though =[

Boutros said:

hahaha. me and my friends are watching all the seasons over again in order. we are on season 9 right now. =]

angrypoolman said:
Akvod said:
angrypoolman said:
Akvod said:
Bit of an arrogant title, no?

I think your collection of old games is sweet, but aesthetically Munkeh's looks better to me.

lol, ok, in what way?

If we were looking at it as just a room, where you just want to play games, it looks comfortable and clean enough. But now that you've stuck your neck out and said that your setup is "Superior", it looks horrible. It's cramped, dark, the tv's small, the cabinet is ugly, there's no unifying theme, etc.

angrypoolman said:

A Superior Gaming Setup

Munkeh111 said:

My gaming set up

Just want to show off my collection... feel free to post your own. I did post it yesterday, but that was from my mobile this is from a proper camera!

Nice Sony Bravia I must say

I don't understand why you have to look at things in terms of winning and losing. "I'm intellectual" "You can't argue against X opinion!", "My list is better than yours", "My SUPERIOR gaming setup", etc.

If you just said that this was your gaming setup, just as modestly as Munkeh did, I would have said "sweet! It looks cleaner and better organized than my 'setup'". But now that you've not only stuck your neck out, but arrogantly called out Munkeh, I have to look at your setup with Munkeh's in mind, and doing that... it looks like crap.

Again, this is just my own opinion, and not some universal truth. I hope you understand that.

hahhaa. wow.

ok so lets get this straight. out of the gate, you have a bias against me because in past threads i have always said i am intellectual, have logic, and facts to support assertions and the like.

first of all, i just want to point out that THESE ARE JOKES! It is supposed to be blatantly obvious that logic, evidence, facts, and 'other things' dont dont make my list better than anybody else's list. the whole 'list wars' thread was a joke that i started in response to khuutra's thread.

being arrogant is funny. competition is fun. even when there is no obvious 'winner' or 'loser' it is still fun.

i also dont understand how munkeh's gaming set up is better just because he was modest about it. i dont understand how that has anything to do with it, but whatever.

by the way, it looks dark because the light was off when i took the picture. lol. the cabinet is kind of ugly, but it works so well for what i was trying to achieve.

I have a bias against arrogant people if that's what you mean. Even if this was your very first post, and I never met you, what do you think people will think when they see the title "My SUPERIOR game setup"? I mean, even without your prior history of arrogance, that title is arrogant enough.

Do you disagree that your obvious reference to Munkeh's thread, and your title is not arrogant? Do you disagree that arrogance (excessive pride) is not something strange to be despised?

I disagree. You've been using that same slogan for other threads, and emphasized your intelligence, while talking down on those you consider less intelligent (your peers, other posters, etc). You should also not do cross threads. It's a waste of forum space when you could just respond the same and relevant thread, and you can't expect those who haven't read the referrenced thread to understand the context of the other thread. I shouldn't have to read two threads in order to understand one.

Competition is good, but arrogance and over confidence is bad when you want to compete yourself (e.g. Sony), is bad for image and social relations, and bad for your overall character.

Your comparing and arrogant call out to Munkeh is relevant when I'm evaluating your setup, because instead of saying that it's a good setup on its own, I'm forced to say that it's an inferior setup compared to Munkeh.

Aestheticly:

1. His setup is less clutered

2. Looks cleaner (most of this is actually due to being spacier, the white background, the single theme, etc, rather than actuall cleanliness)

3. He has a uniform theme, while yours just looks like a normal room

4. His looks "high quality" (bigger tv, brighter, better furniture [your wrinkley couch], etc), while again your's looks cheap.

Now if I was just looking at it by itself, without any comparison to Munkeh's, I would have said that it looks like somewhere I'll love to play games, since it looks comfortable and I hate shit that'll get ruined by my hands (like shiny iPhones and my hand). But you had to stick your neck out.

As for what you're trying to achieve, now you're just arguing about utility rather than aesthetics. Is your setup better in terms of utility? If I was to argue for your case, I would argue that things are in closer proximity making it easier to reach things, the couch is closer and overall the setup serves its function.

But we're not talking about utility are we? I don't think we are.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:

hahaha. me and my friends are watching all the seasons over again in order. we are on season 9 right now. =]

It's too bad that some of them (most of them actually) are not on DVD :(

Season 9 - Vanuatu : I think that's the one I liked the less. It was still awesome because it's Survivor though.

What's your favorite season?

Mine would have to be Gabon I think.

And I'm so hyped for season 20 ---» ALL-STARS!!

ok, you completely missed the point. my arrogance is NOT to be taken seriously.

ugh, nevermind, im done arguing about this.

Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:

Season 9 - Vanuatu : I think that's the one I liked the less. It was still awesome because it's Survivor though.

favorite season has to be amazon. Amazon was always my favorite ever since it aired in 2003 (i think).

i remember not liking vanuatu so much when it aired, but watch it again.. trust me, it is a great season.

yea, i hate that most of them are not on dvd, but my friend bought some that somebody put on dvd, so technically, we have all the seasons up to china.

gabon was a great season. kenny, obviously, was my pick to win. i picked him to win first day, and i was happy to see he made it to the finale, but he kind of lost it near the end. he was way too cocky, same thing happened with tyson.

angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:
angrypoolman said:
Boutros said:

favorite season has to be amazon. Amazon was always my favorite ever since it aired in 2003 (i think).

i remember not liking vanuatu so much when it aired, but watch it again.. trust me, it is a great season.

yea, i hate that most of them are not on dvd, but my friend bought some that somebody put on dvd, so technically, we have all the seasons up to china.

gabon was a great season. kenny, obviously, was my pick to win. i picked him to win first day, and i was happy to see he made it to the finale, but he kind of lost it near the end. he was way too cocky, same thing happened with tyson.

Yeah Kenny was cool most of the season but indeed got kind of too self confident at the end. He was my second favorite (Behind Sugar lol).