By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Superior Gaming Setup

Munkeh111 said:
Akvod said:
Bit of an arrogant title, no?

I think your collection of old games is sweet, but aesthetically Munkeh's looks better to me.

Munkeh approves of this post!

Can we have a zoomed out view so I can see how it all fits together?

ill do the best i can

Around the Network

Wow, that is a nice set up. How big is the TV? (32 inch)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Wow, I have to say, now that everything has loaded I am impressed. Are those mini-consoles on the top of that cabinet? I think sooner or later I will have to get something like that as I can't keep getting more and more racks

i had to take a video because getting it with a picture was impossible. im uploading it now

angrypoolman said:
Akvod said:

I think your collection of old games is sweet, but aesthetically Munkeh's looks better to me.

lol, ok, in what way?

If we were looking at it as just a room, where you just want to play games, it looks comfortable and clean enough. But now that you've stuck your neck out and said that your setup is "Superior", it looks horrible. It's cramped, dark, the tv's small, the cabinet is ugly, there's no unifying theme, etc.

angrypoolman said:

A Superior Gaming Setup

Munkeh111 said:

My gaming set up

Just want to show off my collection... feel free to post your own. I did post it yesterday, but that was from my mobile this is from a proper camera!

Nice Sony Bravia I must say

I don't understand why you have to look at things in terms of winning and losing. "I'm intellectual" "You can't argue against X opinion!", "My list is better than yours", "My SUPERIOR gaming setup", etc.

If you just said that this was your gaming setup, just as modestly as Munkeh did, I would have said "sweet! It looks cleaner and better organized than my 'setup'". But now that you've not only stuck your neck out, but arrogantly called out Munkeh, I have to look at your setup with Munkeh's in mind, and doing that... it looks like crap.

Again, this is just my own opinion, and not some universal truth. I hope you understand that.

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Wow, that is a nice set up. How big is the TV? (32 inch)

yes, its 32

Munkeh's does lack the sheer number of games, 34 PS2, 30 PS3, 17 Xbox 360 and that is it

Akvod said:
angrypoolman said:
Akvod said:

lol, ok, in what way?

If we were looking at it as just a room, where you just want to play games, it looks comfortable and clean enough. But now that you've stuck your neck out and said that your setup is "Superior", it looks horrible. It's cramped, dark, the tv's small, the cabinet is ugly, there's no unifying theme, etc.

angrypoolman said:

A Superior Gaming Setup

Munkeh111 said:

My gaming set up

Just want to show off my collection... feel free to post your own. I did post it yesterday, but that was from my mobile this is from a proper camera!

Nice Sony Bravia I must say

I don't understand why you have to look at things in terms of winning and losing. "I'm intellectual" "You can't argue against X opinion!", "My list is better than yours", "My SUPERIOR gaming setup", etc.

If you just said that this was your gaming setup, just as modestly as Munkeh did, I would have said "sweet! It looks cleaner and better organized than my 'setup'". But now that you've not only stuck your neck out, but arrogantly called out Munkeh, I have to look at your setup with Munkeh's in mind, and doing that... it looks like crap.

Again, this is just my own opinion, and not some universal truth. I hope you understand that.

hahhaa. wow.

ok so lets get this straight. out of the gate, you have a bias against me because in past threads i have always said i am intellectual, have logic, and facts to support assertions and the like.

first of all, i just want to point out that THESE ARE JOKES! It is supposed to be blatantly obvious that logic, evidence, facts, and 'other things' dont dont make my list better than anybody else's list. the whole 'list wars' thread was a joke that i started in response to khuutra's thread.

being arrogant is funny. competition is fun. even when there is no obvious 'winner' or 'loser' it is still fun.

i also dont understand how munkeh's gaming set up is better just because he was modest about it. i dont understand how that has anything to do with it, but whatever.

by the way, it looks dark because the light was off when i took the picture. lol. the cabinet is kind of ugly, but it works so well for what i was trying to achieve.

Munkeh111 said:
Wow, I have to say, now that everything has loaded I am impressed. Are those mini-consoles on the top of that cabinet? I think sooner or later I will have to get something like that as I can't keep getting more and more racks

lol, yea, i love those mini consoles.

yea, i am lucky to find the dvd shelves that i did. they were made by students in berkely, and they ship them out to random stores. you can keep more games in a more condensed space with them. it all depends on what you are going for really. if you dont plan on having a shit load of games, what you have is fine, but if you have a lot then you might just want to get a shelf.

Wow. That looks nice...and pricy.

I wish I knew where you live...