By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which car should be on the cover of Gran Turismo 5?

MAFKKA said:
Didnt i read somewhere that it would be a new mercedes or something. One that were to be released in Feb/March ? Not sure.

Kazonouri said he was considering the SLS (or something like that), but nothing is decided

Around the Network

Sorry bugrimmar, got it from a wallpaper site so I cant resize it.  Here are some smaller ones

Most likely it's going to be the upcoming Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. Kaz Yamauchi has gone on record saying that he wants the car with the most hype around it at the time of the game's release for the cover car and even went on to say that it would probabaly be the SLS AMG.

The Ferrari 458 Italia is probably second to the SLS is hype at the moment in Kaz's mind, so if the SLS's hype crashes and the Italia's jumps for some reason then the Italia will probably take the cover spot.

The GT by Citroen (along with the Ford GT, Chevy Corvette ZR1, and Nissan GT-R) are unlikely since they were already used on the covers of the last four Gran Turismo games.

When has the GT by Citroen been used as a cover for a GT game? o.o

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

GT5 is a game that would make me buy a PS3.

Around the Network

Shelby Mustang!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Bah, Eleanor is more beautiful than the GT 500 :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Vetteman94 said:

This car seems to show up alot in their screenshots,  kinda like the GT-R concept did for Prologue.  So I will say this one.

They said on that video showing this, that the car may show up on the front cover

Does it have to be a car on the cover?

you know you can't resist.
GT5 with a cover like this

Check out my game about moles ^